Faulty Batteries

darkhorse00

Jul 8, 2009
Not sure if this is the correct place to post. Bought 2 sets Sanyo Ni-MH 2700 batteries ($24 for pack of 4) few months ago. Now it seems like it is not able to be recharge again. Anybody has experience with with faulty Sanyo Ni-MH rechargable batteries so far? Any idea where to get it fix in sg? (unfortunately receipt has been thrown away....)

Any recommendations for good brands of rechargable batteries?

hmm I don't think there are anywhere that repairs batteries, but even if there is, I suppose buying a new set might be even cheaper.

Anyway, you should try out the Sanyo Eneloops, they hold charge much better.
I'm using the Eneloops for my flashes, and the Powerex Imedions for my camera.

To get the best out of your batteries and to maintain it's lifespan, you might want to invest on a better charger as well.
I'm using the Maha C801D, you might want to consider that, it has functions for 1hr quick charge (rather bad for the batteries unless you need them fast), else there is the 2hrs soft charging (which is better for the battieres), as well as the condition mode where you can condition the batteries once in awhile.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post. Bought 2 sets Sanyo Ni-MH 2700 batteries ($24 for pack of 4) few months ago. Now it seems like it is not able to be recharge again. Anybody has experience with with faulty Sanyo Ni-MH rechargable batteries so far? Any idea where to get it fix in sg? (unfortunately receipt has been thrown away....)

Any recommendations for good brands of rechargable batteries?

Sanyo eneloop batteries are actually very good, I have a few sets and they are working perfectly fine for me, did you charge your batteries properly?

I am using a Sanyo Ni-MH quick charger. Those batteries seems to be working fine for the last 10 charges till recently.. I suppose they were charged properly as I have try it many times. Anybody knows if there is Sanyo Service Centre or a number to call to enqire? I have brought it to Mt Kinabalu and Genting recently. Not sure if the cold weather do spoilt the batteries?? It happens to my 2 packs.....looks like this version/series of batteries has some problems....??

Sanyo eneloop batteries are actually very good, I have a few sets and they are working perfectly fine for me, did you charge your batteries properly?

hmm I don't think there are anywhere that repairs batteries, but even if there is, I suppose buying a new set might be even cheaper.

Anyway, you should try out the Sanyo Eneloops, they hold charge much better.
I'm using the Eneloops for my flashes, and the Powerex Imedions for my camera.

To get the best out of your batteries and to maintain it's lifespan, you might want to invest on a better charger as well.
I'm using the Maha C801D, you might want to consider that, it has functions for 1hr quick charge (rather bad for the batteries unless you need them fast), else there is the 2hrs soft charging (which is better for the battieres), as well as the condition mode where you can condition the batteries once in awhile.

Thank you for sharing this important info. Din noe that quick charge will shorten the lifespan of batteries. I will consider getting that. :)

I am using GP Recyko batteries, have 12 pieces AA. Have been using for > 6months, so far so good. I usually do round-robin usage, so to ensure all are used.

come on fix AA battery who on earth will do that, even if they do, the charge will be more than buying a new one le :bsmilie:

just get a new one, like eneloop or recyclo, i hve 12 piece of AA battery of both, so far both is working very well, u won't go wrong with either one, just get the one that's offering the cheapest promotion or the color u like(eneloop color tone) ;)

just have to get a new set . . . :)

this seems to tell you not to leave your batteries unused for long time . . . so go and shoot often with it . . . :bsmilie: