Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepokman

Mar 30, 2004
all around the world
www.yclim.net
Maybe it is really fated.

There is something peculiar about this entity called Fate. Fate has a bad habit of poking fun at people. Some people are destined to meet after a period of several years. Others will never cross path again. This could be the evil doing of the Fate.

I have never been a believer in the existence of Fate. After thousands of years of evolution, do we, humans of higher intelligence, have such low self- esteem? Esteem so low that we cannot believe we can control things that happen to us? Fate -> the last possible answer to all things that happened to us?

I was a firm believer that we decide our own paths. We decide how things around us turn out and what happens to us: what we eat, what we wear, what CDs we buy and who we love. And because of this, I have a certain level of confidence in myself. This confidence can be felt through the way I speak, the way I carry myself and the way I do things. For a period of time, I was infallible -> things go only my way.

But the truth is, when problems occur, people turn to the supernatural after all avenues of mortal help has been exhausted. When things unexplainable happen, people turn and blame it on Fate.

But the question is does Fate exist? If it exists, who created it? Who decides what happens? Can one change Fate?

These questions never did occur to me before. I was too confident in myself. But these questions surfaced when a 6 years relationship ended abruptly. The reasons given still baffle and puzzle me. You do not end a 6 year relationship just to pursue another with a person who has disappeared for 8 years. You do not decide to end it just with a snap of the finger when all things are going smoothly. You do not refuse to try to salvage the pieces, not to mention talk about it, with the other half. You just DO NOT decide to stop a relationship just by flipping the switch.

Why did it happen? How did it end up in this stage?

I couldn't get an answer, thus like many others, I turned to Fate. I had to find Fate before I can ask him for an answer. But he eluded me for 2 weeks. After teasing me for 6 years, he refuses to come before me and testify for his actions.

In this age and time, humans have depended heavily on cause and action -> logic. There is still a part of me that refuse to give in to the fact that it happened just because it was meant to be. There must be a reason for all these! I won’t back down but there’s nothing much I can do either. The fact is, it has ended.

The only thing I can do now is to continue to hunt for Fate for a reason.

Why do I write this?

I do not intend to seek sympathy neither do I want wish to broadcast to the whole world that I’m out of love -> nothing glorious about it.

Look beside you before you go to sleep every night.
Look at the person whose hands you are holding.
Look deep inside your heart.

When was the last time you said “I Love You” with all your heart? Or given the other half a note/gift wrapped box for no reason? Or even give a close tight hug filled with all the warmth of your heart?

It is cliché but true: You know not what you have lost till you lose it. Trust me; you don’t want to go there.

If you have read this far, then you probably been in love before. Don’t you think you should be doing something special for him/her tonight? Everything makes a difference, no matter how small. A phone call straight after reading this just to say “I miss you”. A small box of chocolate wrapped in a ribbon. A kiss on the forehead. A tight hug. Everything makes a difference.

Look into his/her face and immerse yourself. Now do you remember why you fall in love with him/her in the first place?

How did you 2 get together in the first place?

(1) A phone call just to say “I’m thinking of you”.
(2) A mini-box of chocolate from Godiva.
(3) A small box filled with flowers sent to her office.
(4) Take in a deep breath of her scent.
(5) A firm grip on her hands, never letting go.
(6) A kiss at the oddest time.
(7) A peck on the forehead.
(8) Tell her how madly in love you are with her.
(9) Send a card with all you love written all over to her.

Hi meepokman.

Now I'm beginning to see the reason which (I hope I'm not too presumptuous) kept you awake.

I really appreciate your sharing ... it is definitely food for thought for me.

For a better tomorrow! ;)

hey mpm...

**** happens man...remind me of my breakup many yrs back...it sure stings then...but life goes on man...one thing thou...the experience did gave me a new perspective towards life...life will always throw **** at you...but its how you pick yourself up that makes you a stronger...better person...

hang in there bro...time will kindof heal the pain...even thou how little it might seem now...

meepokman said:

There is something peculiar about this entity called Fate. Fate has a bad habit of poking fun at people. Some people are destined to meet after a period of several years. Others will never cross path again. This could be the evil doing of the Fate.

I have never been a believer in the existence of Fate. After thousands of years of evolution, do we, humans of higher intelligence, have such low self- esteem? Esteem so low that we cannot believe we can control things that happen to us? Fate -> the last possible answer to all things that happened to us?

I was a firm believer that we decide our own paths. We decide how things around us turn out and what happens to us: what we eat, what we wear, what CDs we buy and who we love. And because of this, I have a certain level of confidence in myself. This confidence can be felt through the way I speak, the way I carry myself and the way I do things. For a period of time, I was infallible -> things go only my way.

But the truth is, when problems occur, people turn to the supernatural after all avenues of mortal help has been exhausted. When things unexplainable happen, people turn and blame it on Fate.

But the question is does Fate exist? If it exists, who created it? Who decides what happens? Can one change Fate?

These questions never did occur to me before. I was too confident in myself. But these questions surfaced when a 6 years relationship ended abruptly. The reasons given still baffle and puzzle me. You do not end a 6 year relationship just to pursue another with a person who has disappeared for 8 years. You do not decide to end it just with a snap of the finger when all things are going smoothly. You do not refuse to try to salvage the pieces, not to mention talk about it, with the other half. You just DO NOT decide to stop a relationship just by flipping the switch.

Why did it happen? How did it end up in this stage?

I couldn't get an answer, thus like many others, I turned to Fate. I had to find Fate before I can ask him for an answer. But he eluded me for 2 weeks. After teasing me for 6 years, he refuses to come before me and testify for his actions.

In this age and time, humans have depended heavily on cause and action -> logic. There is still a part of me that refuse to give in to the fact that it happened just because it was meant to be. There must be a reason for all these! I won’t back down but there’s nothing much I can do either. The fact is, it has ended.

The only thing I can do now is to continue to hunt for Fate for a reason.

Why do I write this?

I do not intend to seek sympathy neither do I want wish to broadcast to the whole world that I’m out of love -> nothing glorious about it.

Look beside you before you go to sleep every night.
Look at the person whose hands you are holding.
Look deep inside your heart.

When was the last time you said “I Love You” with all your heart? Or given the other half a note/gift wrapped box for no reason? Or even give a close tight hug filled with all the warmth of your heart?

It is cliché but true: You know not what you have lost till you lose it. Trust me; you don’t want to go there.

If you have read this far, then you probably been in love before. Don’t you think you should be doing something special for him/her tonight? Everything makes a difference, no matter how small. A phone call straight after reading this just to say “I miss you”. A small box of chocolate wrapped in a ribbon. A kiss on the forehead. A tight hug. Everything makes a difference.

Look into his/her face and immerse yourself. Now do you remember why you fall in love with him/her in the first place?

How did you 2 get together in the first place?

Well, look at it this way. It has happened to me, or i reckon, to most people before. Not that it makes it any better but at least know that you're not alone. Life is all about lessons learnt and in this case, i guess you can call it a painful one?

It will help in the next relationship. You'll learn to keep in mind all the tips you've shared and the next girl will feel very special indeed. Until then, try to move on. Not today. Not tomorrow but maybe, when you feel ready.

I would love to say i understand how you feel but i honestly can't. No one can. How we feel inside is quite unique and although the pain seems similar, how we cope is a totally different issue.

Wallow abit, but not too long. It's perfectly alright to feel angry, sad and a whole host of other emotions but remember, you are not alone. Don't be. Go out with friends or buddies. Go have a game of soccer. Vent it all out at a video arcade. Or do something you've always wanted like the reverse bungee or head out and start shooting again if you prefer to be alone.

Time may not heal all wounds but at least over time, the pain will gradually subside. Don't tell yourself you'll always love her or wait for her or otherwise. Learn that someone is out of your life and may it be for better or worse, it has happened.

Good luck friend. May flights of angels watch over you.

It happens. sh** happens. And sometimes its not your fault. So call it fate, or call it life, whatever you name it, life is full of choices. Some are loaded and some you make entirely on your own. This applies to all including the people you meet. No way you can control that and at most you can influence. Even if you can control it, would you?

So, yeah, sink in it for a while. 6 years is a long time. But do remember to move on. What done is done. May peace be with you. ;)

when you have everything good going for you....you call it...controlling fate...
when you have everything going against you....you blame your fate....
when you have nothing going for or against you...you dun think of the thing called fate...

have faith in God, people...for He already laid the path for you...have faith ;)

Fate is about acceptance... accepting that there are things beyond your control... that even when you give it a 101% or the very humanely best possible, the results are not what you expect nor desire.

Fate is not about resignation... despite all... you should never give up. YOu don have to be with a specific person to be happy... you don have to write the best novel to be remembered.

Reminded me of this...

"They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate-
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.
Tomorrow manifests and brings the bill.
For every kiss and kill, the small and great.
You want to know the future, Love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still -
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

"I'll come to you tonight, dear, when it's late,
You will not see me; you may feel a chill.
I'll wait until you sleep, then take my fill,
And that will be your future on a plate.
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate."

- Neil Gaiman

I believe that everything is fated since the day we are born.

Whatever things we went or have to go thru, people we meet and various emotions we feel are all destined.

Maybe we are able to improve certain situations but there is not way we can escape from what is destined.

I did not believe and sceptical about the word "FATE" in the beginning but I hope you believe that FATE does exist. No matter happened to you in the next few months or years, you will look back and say "Thank you for everything that has happen"

Just imagine if you were both of you were to be together already (signing that dotted line) can you imagine that would be worse that what you are right now. Asking for a separation/divorce is worst than leaving you after six years of bf/gf relationship.

I believe in FATE as that is how I met my wife.

So this is a new chapter in your life and start to enjoy it while you have the freedom to do so. Ending a relationship does not mean the end of your life but it's a new start towards a more meaningful future relationships.

The day we were born and die is all predestined.

MPM......we all hope for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.