Fastpack pro

gwwang

Sep 15, 2011
Anyone use before the aboved bag ? Any review ?

if its lowepro fastpack series...

currently I'm using the fastpack 250 so far so good.. its comfortable and It's big enough to hold

D7k with grip attached with 50mm

D3k with 35mm

2extra lens and a flash

and personal item

I know these new hybrid bags that allow side access are touted to be better than a backpack, and they are, but I have tried a number of them and while yes, it is good to get gear out fast, it is still a far cry when compared to a shoulder sling for changing lenses. Something you might want to take into consideration. Cheers.

Opps sorry for wrong title. Is fastpack no pro. I'm thinking of 250 or 350. I'm using d7000 + 2-3 lens and flash.
Any idea whats the price like.

I don't think I want to try the hybrid.

gwwang said:
Opps sorry for wrong title. Is fastpack no pro. I'm thinking of 250 or 350. I'm using d7000 + 2-3 lens and flash.

U can look at kata 466i or 467i or smaller 465i

How about vanguard up rise? Good solid bag

I know these new hybrid bags that allow side access are touted to be better than a backpack, and they are, but I have tried a number of them and while yes, it is good to get gear out fast, it is still a far cry when compared to a shoulder sling for changing lenses. Something you might want to take into consideration. Cheers.

depending whats needed to be done, each has their own uses however the main advantage of "backpack" camera bags is that can carry the same load more comfortably.

if dont need laptop compartment, take a look at the Versapack.

gwwang said:

Well if your lens its not the 70-200 f2.8 Im pretty sure it will fit your gear, as you can see at my earlier post

Take a at the video see which one you like then go down to shop and have a look at the real thing.. that will help you decide.. i also in the same dilemma not long ago.. eventually got the kata 3n1 33.. that make me look like Ning Cai Chen... haiz.. haha..:) but overall a good bag to me personally..

[video=youtube;p4quebWS5Qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4quebWS5Qo[/video]

[video=youtube;SZC6e7gSCKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZC6e7gSCKc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLBFCB27045CC21B5E[/video]

Most importantly is you feel comfortable with it...:)

Oh Ya have a look at this 2 Threads... may help you too...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...new-Lowepro-Fastpack-250-any-other-contenders

&

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/948774-Recommendations-for-camera-backpack

Last edited:
I have the Fastpack 400. I use it for travel and trekking. I like it as it is secure - the bag open from inside so pickpockets cannot unzip ur bag. You can also change lens with the bag slide to the front, very useful if the ground is wet. I don't recommend the smaller ones cos there is only one small compartments in front, you need the space to put a laptop, dry towel and maybe extra t-shirt.

I find it a useful bag for the above purpose. However, if your application is not the same as mine, then it will be less useful.

I bought mine for $130+ at one of the IT shows.

ManWearPants said:
I have the Fastpack 400. I use it for travel and trekking. I like it as it is secure - the bag open from inside so pickpockets cannot unzip ur bag. You can also change lens with the bag slide to the front, very useful if the ground is wet. I don't recommend the smaller ones cos there is only one small compartments in front, you need the space to put a laptop, dry towel and maybe extra t-shirt.

I find it a useful bag for the above purpose. However, if your application is not the same as mine, then it will be less useful.

I bought mine for $130+ at one of the IT shows.

Can I know where do you buy it from ? I think 250 too small for me as I always put extra thing like shirt and stuff like what u did. thinking of buying by sat

I have the Fastpack 400. I use it for travel and trekking. I like it as it is secure - the bag open from inside so pickpockets cannot unzip ur bag. ...

I think you meant Flipside 400...

Flipside and Fastpacks are very different bags.

Can I know where do you buy it from ? I think 250 too small for me as I always put extra thing like shirt and stuff like what u did. thinking of buying by sat

Do note that the largest Fastpack 350 is only slightly bigger than the 250. What 350 gives you is that the slots on both sides of the center slot are of the same size, enough to hold lenses on either side. In the 250, the slots are not of the same size, the one closer to the top of the bag is narrower, and can fit small primes or flash fine, but not larger lenses.

071123_fastpack_1_g.jpg

Last edited:

I think you meant Flipside 400...

Flipside and Fastpacks are very different bags.

Yes, u r right. Mine is flipside not fastpack.

TS, check out MS. I think they have good price. Else wait for the next IT show, the discount for Lowepro at these show is substantial.

Ok. I just bought fastpack 350 for $128 Price difference between 350 and 250 is $7. Lol. Might as well get bigger de.

something to share,
today i went cathay, seems that they have some promo going on for fastpack 350 going for $12X
think its a while stock last thingy

I went song brother bought it at 128. Alan photo $135. Tk $150. Slr revolution 122 for fastback 250.

something to share,
today i went cathay, seems that they have some promo going on for fastpack 350 going for $12X
think its a while stock last thingy

could be something new is coming out....hopefully is Vesapack with laptop compartment.