www.facebook.com
947111_612471058765446_1169626028_n.jpg

5836_612533762092509_1414200451_n.jpg

998113_612491158763436_951116405_n.jpg

Images are edited.

Superb!

pretty shots! so Q

Fantasic shot!

Your use of lighting and choice of models is very good.
Goes to show how much a good shot has to do with the photographer than the gear.

Do you specify what your models wear for a photo session?
If yes, how would you specify it?

Eg. Would it be like :
Formal, sleeveless, dark colors, single color, no patterns, etc

Thx

This is from 5-10min casting, I just say wear comfortable and makeup as little as possible. If they fail to look good then they fail the casting. Good model knows how to bring out the best of themselves regardless of what to wear. Will show what I mean the next post.

Do you specify what your models wear for a photo session?
If yes, how would you specify it?

Eg. Would it be like :
Formal, sleeveless, dark colors, single color, no patterns, etc

Thx

Really surprise how much highlight details it retain.

1002262_612917855387433_501900345_n.jpg

8670_612917902054095_1622670940_n.jpg

No makeup, no styling just camera from her school.

This is from 5-10min casting, I just say wear comfortable and makeup as little as possible. If they fail to look good then they fail the casting. Good model knows how to bring out the best of themselves regardless of what to wear. Will show what I mean the next post.

....... wear anything...... or nothing .......... and still be comfortable ....... more comfortable ...... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I'm beginning to keep linking to your shots whenever a 'too small sensor', 'too small camera' argument/discussion comes up. :D

Great shots.

So you have the opportunity to do a casting of the models before you engage them for the shoot?
(I guess thats the case for a photographer of your caliber.....)
So for the non-casting shots (ie. actual shoot), you'd still leave it to the model for clothing/look or give a general request like "look elegant", "look vibrant/cheerful" ?
Thx

Some fantastic shots from such a small camera/sensor. These should be great for promoting Pentax Q series cameras :)

I'm beginning to keep linking to your shots whenever a 'too small sensor', 'too small camera' argument/discussion comes up. :D

Great shots.

So you have the opportunity to do a casting of the models before you engage them for the shoot?
(I guess thats the case for a photographer of your caliber.....)
So for the non-casting shots (ie. actual shoot), you'd still leave it to the model for clothing/look or give a general request like "look elegant", "look vibrant/cheerful" ?
Thx

Big sensor has it's benefit of cause, ie. dynamic range, DOF etc. But under controlled environment like studio all these are quite minor. To be honest it isn't the sharpness that I like about Q10, it's how it render the skin that sold it to me.

Non-casting as job you mean? That's art director and stylist job, they decide what model should wear according to the theme of the shoot.

Give him a new Q7 to work with and it will be the best Advert for our Pentax Q series. :p

Wah kaoZ~ At the rate you going Sim4Nee, a thousand and one people will buy Q seh~ Hahaha!