fashion photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherie

Jul 8, 2006
hey guys!
can anyone tell me where, if there exists, i can find a professional course of sorts for fashion photography?

thanks!

hey guys!
can anyone tell me where, if there exists, i can find a professional course of sorts for fashion photography?

thanks!

i heard there is one coming in soon ... from a famous photog from milan ... i dont know who tho ... but its about 5k for few days of workshop... i will find out more before i post for you again

wow vinnz, 5k? thats steep!
i'm just a poor student, hahah.
thanks though!

if u want to get into the fashion line...i tink it'd be better for you to start learning from a fashion photographer instead....

hey guys!

thanks!

http://pss1950.org/programs.php

I came across PSS offering this course. You may want to contact them to enquire more. If need be, go down on any Friday evening and you get to meet instructors to ask them more. I feel their prices are reasonable and the instructors knowledgeable. They should get you off your feet learning in your pursuit in this field.

But if you are looking at an advance course, then it may be hard to find one with an overseas instructor. Note, too, that not all workshops are genuine out there in the freelance market as some are but scams. A proper school with premise might be more assuring if you are not familiar with people in this industry.

Also, why not start yourself by reading some professional guide books? You can find them from riceball (at adelphi basement 1), library, and larger bookstores.

Good luck to your pursuit!

wow vinnz, 5k? thats steep!
i'm just a poor student, hahah.
thanks though!

If $5000 can train a person with enough skill to be a fashion photographer, that will be dirt cheap!

i spend the last 3 years of my life learning from a veteran, opportunity cost counted i would have lost $60,000 these past 3 years.

having said that, nothing beat practise. shoot more or assist fashion photographers. no shortcut in life.

The PSS course will be a good starting point. However, as Zekai has pointed out, you neeed to learn from someone in the line to learn the ropes, pick up the contacts.

Another suitable course u can try is the one organised by PBS (pointblankshots). Not sure if he is starting one soon though... u can dig up the old threads and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.