Fashion Photography Course No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

I am opening up a new course for those interested in Fashion Photography. For this intensive course, I will cover areas in lighting up your subject plus compositions. There will be a theme on each of our practical shoot. Fashion Photography is very different from those shooting Portraiture and Makeover Photography as it has a different mood and style.

Start of course will be on SEPT 13 Monday 7.00pm

There will be a Location shoot @ one of the pubs around Mohammad Sultan area. The location shoot will be done on the weekend around noon time as most of you all work during weekdays. I will arrange the time and place to meet up.

This are some of my works.....

Fashion_Belle_01.jpg

Theresa_12.jpeg

Fashion_Maly_Model_01.jpg

-Full Details-
Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Instructor: Danny
Course fee: $400 for DSLR/SLR/Medium Format users
Models : Hiring A Professional Model for each shoot
Photographers : MAX 6 ( Each has their personnal time to shoot)
Duration : Once a week
Time : 7-11pm ( For theory and first practical lesson)
Equipment : DSLR or SLR only with a portrait lens (Range from 28-200mm for SLRs) for shooting face, half and full body. (Those wants to learn but do not have a SLR/DLSR, pls let me know what camera you have) Medium Format users are welcome as well. I will advise you on what lens to use for whichever format you have for medium format users. Please take note that please have a better understanding with your cameras so we do not face any problems with our shoot later, be it SLR/DSLR/MF
Lightings : Provided for both Studio and Location shoot
Others : Tripod is needed for this course. So please be prepared for it as for location shooting usage.

-Package details-
1st lesson : Theory - Learn the basic theory about what Fashion Photography is. You will be learning on how to coordinate, shoot, compose, pose, communicate with your subjects and setup lighting techniques. There will be a trial setup of lighting to show you all on what you all be expecting in the following shoot. There will be different skills and techniques involve.

2nd lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. I will be guiding each every individual on what to look out for. Each Photographer will get to shoot 15 minutes for the first outfit. Another 15 minutes for the second outfit.

3rd lesson : Theory - Review, critics and comments on the photos taken from your 1st Practical lessons. I will be advising all of you on what went wrong and how to improve from here. Other comments are welcome. We will be discussing on what to look our for your outdoor shoot. There will be a trial setup again for outdoor. This time is a total different lighting setups.

4th lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. I will be guiding each every individual again on what to look for. Each Photographer will get to shoot 15 minutes for the first outfit. Another 15 minutes for second oufit.

-Additional Perks-
For you info, models are provided with Make-up and Hair Styling by Professional Make-up Artist whom I can introduced to you all. No charges will be incurred as it is part of the course. After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. I will be at Stanley Lim Colour Centre but please sms or call me before going down as I have a tight schedule. If there is unforseen circumstances while attending this course half way and miss a lesson, I will replace one for you on my next intake.

-Deposit-
A deposit of $100.00 have to be paid upon signing up this course. Full payment MUST be paid on the first lesson. You can transfer the money through my POSB or DBS account. If you are interested, I will PM you my account details. Thanks.

-Free-
All students will be giving 2 hours free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

-End of the course-
After attending my course, you may want to do your own personalized shoots. I will be glad to assist you if need any help. Although you are paying premium fees for your own models and make-up artist by yourself in the beginning but the folio will be far better off as you control the situation, not others.

We can provide models as well if you are unable to find one.... :p

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of. You can PM me guys and gals.

wah!!!! shifu!!!!!!
after taking ur course on product shoot... i managed to clich 2 contracts.. 1 on food photography another wan on product shoot for a MNC... thank u!

proimage is versatile in all....

go go go... im sure in future... esp if u r in the editorial line.. this class will help ya lot lot.. cos the marnie earn back is so much more than this course fees...

RuthBaby said:
wah!!!! shifu!!!!!!
after taking ur course on product shoot... i managed to clich 2 contracts.. 1 on food photography another wan on product shoot for a MNC... thank u!

proimage is versatile in all....

go go go... im sure in future... esp if u r in the editorial line.. this class will help ya lot lot.. cos the marnie earn back is so much more than this course fees...

Good to hear you are doing well. Well good luck on your side and if you need any help, just PM me.....

Thanks!

Name List

1)JT
2)WL
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for the support....still 4 places left! This is an opportunity for all you folks out there to learn and shoot indoor and outdoor flash lightings (with a combination of ambience light) Hope to see more participants!

Thank you for viewing.

Got things to learn, got pretty model to shoot and reasonable fees. Some even cling deals after your course...... Upz for you...

Bobmann said:
Got things to learn, got pretty model to shoot and reasonable fees. Some even cling deals after your course...... Upz for you...

Thank you Bobmann!

Well it's your talent that matters as well. I am here to guide and rectify problems only. That is part of learning. Your creativity skills are within you. What I do is tweak your system so you have a smoother ride when shooting and less error. Hehe...... :D

As I said to all my fellow students, quality matters not quantity. Shooting 100 shots and getting only 25 quality shots is not the way to go. Shooting 36 shots and getting 25 or more shots is much better! Less time is waste and money is spend wisely. :thumbsup:

Congrats on your new studio......Hope your new and bigger studio will have more models posing for you. :cheergal:

Name List

1)JT
2)WL
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for the support....still 4 places left! This is an opportunity for all you folks out there to learn and shoot indoor and outdoor flash lightings (with a combination of ambience light) Hope to see more participants!

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT
2)WL
3)UJ
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for the support....still 3 places left!

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT
2)WL
3)UJ
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for viewing.

humm am keen on the course but might have to pass this time round, would you be conducting another course anytime latter? I still ahve to finnish NS!!

The course doesnt seem very medium format friendly, I reckon my mamiya 645 and a 150mm would do the trick?

oh yeah and what about range finder user would you think my contax G would suffice, i know that it issint very apporiate, but image quailty wise, you cant argue.

advise pls?

Barret said:
humm am keen on the course but might have to pass this time round, would you be conducting another course anytime latter? I still ahve to finnish NS!!

The course doesnt seem very medium format friendly, I reckon my mamiya 645 and a 150mm would do the trick?

oh yeah and what about range finder user would you think my contax G would suffice, i know that it issint very apporiate, but image quailty wise, you cant argue.

advise pls?

Hi Barret,

I have PM you. Let me know if you need to ask any other question.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT
2)WL
3)UJ
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT - confirm -
2)WL - confirm -
3)UJ - reserved -
4)KM - reserved -
5)
6)

Thank you for the support....2 places left!

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT - confirm -
2)WL - confirm -
3)UJ - reserved -
4)KM - confirm -
5)
6)

Thank you for the support....2 places left!

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT - confirm -
2)WL - confirm -
3)UJ - reserved -
4)KM - confirm -
5)MK - reserved -
6)

Thank you for the support....3 places left, 2 on reserves and 1 empty slot left!

Thank you for viewing.

Latest Update Name List

1)JT - confirm -
2)WL - confirm -
3)UJ - reserved -
4)KM - confirm -
5)MK - reserved -
6)

Thank you for the support....3 places left, 2 on reserves and 1 empty slot left.

Thank you for viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.