Fashion in the City....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Just to share some shots I took. Comments are welcome! :)

The initial pics were shot using 1/400s, F3.2, ISO 80. Metz 32 Z-1 (ISO 64, F5.6, 50mm or 85mm) provided the illumination.

Do you think she look like a young Zoe Tay?
03170017-fashion.jpg

03170019-fashion.jpg

03170010-fashion.jpg

:eek: :eek: WAH! :eek: :eek:
Where did you shoot that? At raffles city?

Saw lots of photographers and videographers (any such word?)there. Actually a good position would be from the 2nd floor but you would need a long lens. There's a photographer using lenses that extend to about 0.5m!!! Dunno what he's aiming at ;p 320mm is enough to get a good pic of a model at the far end of the stage.

Some of the models were nice and willing to pose at the side. There were some who were only interested in posing at the centre stage.

Met a guy who was interested in my setup (Casio QV2900UX and Metz flash) ;p He was surprised at the low cost of my camera and the wide range of shutter speed available.

There were some celebrities there too watching the show.

I was quite happy that the flash could give correct exposure at 1/500s :) This allows me to handhold and get sharp pictures at extreme zoom.

Originally posted by Klause

Where did you shoot that? At raffles city?

yup. the designer did a good job and the gown held its place throughout :)

you might be surprised how little support there were:
03170118-fashion.jpg

(if anyone find this offensive, moderators please remove it)

Not bad....

Just the optical zoom from the camera or did you need the digital zoom as well?

By the way, anymore shots?:D

Originally posted by Zplus
Not bad....

Just the optical zoom from the camera or did you need the digital zoom as well?

Optical zoom from the camera (40mm to 320mm) is enough :)

Some of the pics were cropped though, cos I had some problems using the "portrait" position. There were 2 guys in front and they sometimes blocked my flash in the "portrait" position. So, I ended up taking more pics in the "landscape" position.

Originally posted by Zplus
Amazing... wonder if any local artiste would wear that to support local designers.... :dunno:

;p actually some of the invited guests were very well dressed too. too bad I had to reserve my position.... if not, I could have gone round shooting them.

your camera has flash sync at 1/500? wow.

Originally posted by erwinx
your camera has flash sync at 1/500? wow.

I was surprised too. The recommended setting was actually 1/60s. I tried out the faster shutter speeds and was happy that they work well.

Well done. Find it not as sharp as the last time you took with "cheong sum" session one. Did you intentionally blur it up a little to drop the "R" rated photo to "PG" rating (just kidding :bsmilie: ). Anyway, what you posted already cause nose to bleed.

(p/s. Hmmms, didn't see one model. Someone hiding something at home huh??? :eek: )

Originally posted by mpenza

which model? maybe, you'll want to describe a bit :)

could she be here instead?
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=24280#post24280
Hmms, how to describe, difficult lah. Anyway, better hide it at home also!:D

BTW, while you are there, did you see 7 or 9 female models showing off the white series fashion?

Originally posted by mpenza
are the pics really blurer? hmm... don't tell me my lens is dirty!!!
Not sure is blur or not but the colour of the the pix dither. Especially the skin coluor. Don't think is the lens because some pix OK. For example, the 1st pix where the model in blue pant, the colour look dither. But the 2nd pix of the same model same dress is OK. May be because you resize it and save it under lower resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.