Far Away From Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapologist

Jul 27, 2007
Hi. I got my 400D with kit lens recently and went out for a shoot with my friends down the old railway from bukit timah towards clementi. It was a long route and we pull out halfway as we weren't really prepared for it. I took this shot after after taking a short break with them.

2246200947_1ccd531443.jpg

400D with Kit Lens. Av Mode. f4.5
no editing except for resizing. this is what was captured. c&c please. thanks.

1. Pose your friends next time. Direct them to walk in a line abreast loosely or just have one or two in the frame. I can make out 1 person in front of the pack but can't figure out any thing about him/her. Your friends also do not look like friends. So that message is kind of messy.

2. Strong leading lines are meant to lead somewhere, usually the main subject or off the horizon. Your lines lead nowhere significant, and rather confuses the viewer on what is the subject? The group on the right, or the lines on the left?

3. Decision to capture B&W digitally, why? Heads have melded into the forest, no detail in sky, it's pretty boring.

I would have preferred that you make it clear your friends be the main subjects and brought them closer to the foreground with the tracks in the background then shoot a (directed) candid of them acting as friends and not separate persons.

1. Pose your friends next time. Direct them to walk in a line abreast loosely or just have one or two in the frame. I can make out 1 person in front of the pack but can't figure out any thing about him/her. Your friends also do not look like friends. So that message is kind of messy.

2. Strong leading lines are meant to lead somewhere, usually the main subject or off the horizon. Your lines lead nowhere significant, and rather confuses the viewer on what is the subject? The group on the right, or the lines on the left?

3. Decision to capture B&W digitally, why? Heads have melded into the forest, no detail in sky, it's pretty boring.

I would have preferred that you make it clear your friends be the main subjects and brought them closer to the foreground with the tracks in the background then shoot a (directed) candid of them acting as friends and not separate persons.

woah ok! thanks! shall try to do the lines thingy first without the friends then only try with friends in. :D

I suggest you put only one person in the shot to enhance your picture with solitude to the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.