FAQ abt Bernice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemaid

Aug 3, 2005
Central
www.heliosmediadesign.com
Hello everyone, I have noticed that a lot of wildfires have started regarding Ms Bernice Wong, Miss Singapore Universe 2003.

I am very flattered at how u guys have supported me with so much patience, understanding and kindness. I will strive to improve from your constructive comments to provide better service and better shoot for everyone :)

However I feel that I owe Ms Bernice Wong this favour to start a thread to explain some of the FAQ about her work with us and I will try my best to reply to some of the relevant questions asked.

Let us begin:

Q1. Why is Ms Bernice Wong, Miss Singapore Universe 2003 working for us?

This is probably THE most asked question with other variants being "what does she owe Lydia?!" and "how are they related?". The main reason why she is doing this is just like any other professional model, money and we are paying her punctually according to her comfortable rates. We always strive to provide the best payment rates for our models which rival some modeling agencies. Secondly, she is also working with us as a business partner so there is some relation to us but only professionaly. Lastly, Ms Bernice Wong is more comfortable with a female organiser whom she can trust and is easier to communicate with her on a more personal level.

Q2. Why is Ms Bernice Wong actually doing this? Isn't it demeaning to her and the MSU organisation?

Firstly, there is nothing demeaning done to her as she is a highly professional, experienced model who is comfortable in a bikini. Pretty girls are always the subject of criticism and malicious gossip, which is why I have great respect and admiration for Bernice for her patience and understanding. She literally "has it all", she's business-minded, intelligent, classy and gorgeous! Secondly, the MSU had a contract with Ms Bernice Wong but is has expired since 2004 and she has no legal obligations to them. She is currently starting her own beauty pageant grooming business. Lastly, Ms Bernice Wong not an idiot, she knows abt this forum and all the comments made by us. She sees her photos posted on the net as a means of advertising for her as long as none are used commercially (she has told me sternly that she does not want her photos to be sold or used commercially without her permission)

Q3. Why is Ms Bernice Wong only earning so little/being paid insufficiently/$90 ?

She's being paid at a rate that is comfortable for an experienced professional model who won the Miss Singapore Universe 2003...so...What makes you think she's only being paid $90.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them in this thread (diplomaticaly pls) and I will do my best to answer them. Thank You.

Once again I would like to thank all you guys for your support and kindness, keep those shutters snapping!

I really don't believe you owe anyone any explanations. It is really none of our business why Bernice Wong works with Lydia, nor how much Lydia pays Bernice.

The key here is Lydia managed to get Bernice, and that is the coup. Good work and good luck!

hmm lydia (if that's your name),

yes, i don't feel that you need anybody any explanation... probably all these questions are asked out of curiousity rather than.. questioning questions, you know what i'm saying?

anyway good stuff that you've managed to get her to come on.. i'm sure after seeing so many pics posted up here there'd be others who are interested in shooting her in the future as well..

:)

Sometimes people think too much... shoot first, talk later...

I wonder if photography is what people are interested in any more...

:thumbsup: for standing up for yourself and Bernice.. But frankly, I don't think it is necessary to explain to customers your business model :bsmilie: If they not happy, just don't sign up for the shoots..

Gravemaid said:
Hello everyone, I have noticed that a lot of wildfires have started regarding Ms Bernice Wong, Miss Singapore Universe 2003.

I am very flattered at how u guys have supported me with so much patience, understanding and kindness. I will strive to improve from your constructive comments to provide better service and better shoot for everyone :)

However I feel that I owe Ms Bernice Wong this favour to start a thread to explain some of the FAQ about her work with us and I will try my best to reply to some of the relevant questions asked.

Let us begin:

Q1. Why is Ms Bernice Wong, Miss Singapore Universe 2003 working for us?

This is probably THE most asked question with other variants being "what does she owe Lydia?!" and "how are they related?". The main reason why she is doing this is just like any other professional model, money and we are paying her punctually according to her comfortable rates. We always strive to provide the best payment rates for our models which rival some modeling agencies. Secondly, she is also working with us as a business partner so there is some relation to us but only professionaly. Lastly, Ms Bernice Wong is more comfortable with a female organiser whom she can trust and is easier to communicate with her on a more personal level.

Q2. Why is Ms Bernice Wong actually doing this? Isn't it demeaning to her and the MSU organisation?

Firstly, there is nothing demeaning done to her as she is a highly professional, experienced model who is comfortable in a bikini. Pretty girls are always the subject of criticism and malicious gossip, which is why I have great respect and admiration for Bernice for her patience and understanding. She literally "has it all", she's business-minded, intelligent, classy and gorgeous! Secondly, the MSU had a contract with Ms Bernice Wong but is has expired since 2004 and she has no legal obligations to them. She is currently starting her own beauty pageant grooming business. Lastly, Ms Bernice Wong not an idiot, she knows abt this forum and all the comments made by us. She sees her photos posted on the net as a means of advertising for her as long as none are used commercially (she has told me sternly that she does not want her photos to be sold or used commercially without her permission)

Q3. Why is Ms Bernice Wong only earning so little/being paid insufficiently/$90 ?

She's being paid at a rate that is comfortable for an experienced professional model who won the Miss Singapore Universe 2003...so...What makes you think she's only being paid $90.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them in this thread (diplomaticaly pls) and I will do my best to answer them. Thank You.

Once again I would like to thank all you guys for your support and kindness, keep those shutters snapping!

i love Bernice! in fact, i love all the Miss Singapura!!!! gravemaid has made it a dream come through for most of us die-hard Singapore gals' fans. kudos to her!

anymore Miss Singapura shoots?
how abt Glenda Han or Sylvia Lim? :heart:

go go go!

Cheesecake said:
i love Bernice! in fact, i love all the Miss Singapura!!!! gravemaid has made it a dream come through for most of us die-hard Singapore gals' fans. kudos to her!

go go go!

Will try my best :D

Cheesecake said:

go go go!

Glenda Han or Sylvia Lim? Miss Singapura, which years hor? :think:

u delivered your service , the phtgers get the pics
fair enough ..

if they want to know such things .. tell them to ask bernice loh
:bsmilie:

RESPECT to lydia !!
If i were Randy Jackson i would say "You're in the Dog Pound!"
But honestly, you dont need to explain anything at all, the "discussions" in other threads are just foolish childrens trying to get attention :bsmilie:
Anyway, if Bernice is reading this, YOU HAVE A LOVELY SMILE, so smile more often :lovegrin:

My 20 dollars.. (Btw, do your girls really smell like strawberries? How'd you do that? I like the smell of apples though)
BTW all that were present do remember what she said
"She sees her photos posted on the net as a means of advertising for her as long as none are used commercially (she has told me sternly that she does not want her photos to be sold or used commercially without her permission)" Becareful yah !

I seldom post but this time, I must give my thumbs up for Lydia and Bernice for their professionalism. I enjoyed the shoot very much....:thumbsup:

Joe

joeteh said:
I seldom post but this time, I must give my thumbs up for Lydia and Bernice for their professionalism. I enjoyed the shoot very much....:thumbsup:

Joe

Bernice loves the pics! I'm thanking you on her behalf :)

LightStalker said:
RESPECT to lydia !!
If i were Randy Jackson i would say "You're in the Dog Pound!"
But honestly, you dont need to explain anything at all, the "discussions" in other threads are just foolish childrens trying to get attention :bsmilie:
Anyway, if Bernice is reading this, YOU HAVE A LOVELY SMILE, so smile more often :lovegrin:

My 20 dollars.. (Btw, do your girls really smell like strawberries? How'd you do that? I like the smell of apples though)
BTW all that were present do remember what she said
"She sees her photos posted on the net as a means of advertising for her as long as none are used commercially (she has told me sternly that she does not want her photos to be sold or used commercially without her permission)" Becareful yah !

Heee, my girls really smell like strawberries, it's a secret formula. So if you're interested, maybe you can PM me so I can help you smell like one too. ;p

yar,,, no need to descend to their level & respond...

you need no explaination to anyone over here. It really up to you and her to decide over her rate and the relationship between the both of you. whereas in th 1st first there are really no need for this thread to be posted. as you are answerable to no one in CS except to ur self ..

Keep going and organise Shoot , dun bother about the rest of what they say ..

Cheer. ;)

:thumbsup: for the organiser :)

I think I can still recall my Common Law module I did in Uni some years back...

We have an arms length transaction between willing parties... There's no breach of contract...

So who is to say that Lydia or Bernice hasn't delivered or whatever the case may be?

Very puzzling indeed... And I thought this is a cheerful and happy photography forum...

Anyway, Lydia, keep up the good work... Hope to join your future shoots again...

Cheers :)

Jia Wang said:
I think I can still recall my Common Law module I did in Uni some years back...

We have an arms length transaction between willing parties... There's no breach of contract...

So who is to say that Lydia or Bernice hasn't delivered or whatever the case may be?

Very puzzling indeed... And I thought this is a cheerful and happy photography forum...
This is not common law, but the law of contract.

As you may know, a contract involves an agreement between parties. In this case, one party was to provide models in bikini for a shoot in return for consideration from the other party for the shoot.

Now, if one party did not deliver according to the material terms of the contract, which in this case, is the "bikini" portion, then there would be, at the very least, misrepresentation and breach of contract, for which remedies are available.

Among the remedies include restitution (meaning give back the money) or compensation (which means, give back part of the money to compensate for providing models only in half-bikini), if the party is truly unwilling or unable to perform according to the material terms of the contract.

Note: I'm not the one who complained about breach of contract. And this is all theoretical discussion only. I have no idea whether the models actually showed up in full bikini or not. And I'm not the least interested in this shoot. I'm only writing this to clarify the legal viewpoints, and only because you and I met in modelinn shoots.

I am not making any accusation against the organiser, since I have no way of knowing whether the models actually posed in full bikini. All I am saying is, from a strictly legal point of view, if one party did not fulfil his obligations to the letter, there is a breach of contract for which legal remedies are available.

Breach of contract has nothing to do with the common law. In fact, in Singapore contracts are governed by the Law of Contract. In addition, whether a transaction is arm's length or not is immaterial. Actually, "arm's length" is more a corporate governance issue and an audit concept rather than a contract law concept. As far as contracts are concerned, whatever is agreed has to be executed, whether the transaction is arm's length or not.

I hope this clarifies the legal issues concerned. While CS-ers are unlikely to sue shoot organisers over such small amounts, I hope this will provide clarity to all concerned.

Again, This is a discussion on legal theory only. Thank you.

Wow that's super clear... means my law concepts very rusty oredi... :bsmilie:

I guess my point was that it seems that no one from those who went to shoot complained... so why bother when they don't feel short-changed?

Let's just let our photography do the talking... Getting a bit heated here lately...

Cheers :)

waileong said:
This is not common law, but the law of contract.

As you may know, a contract involves an agreement between parties. In this case, one party was to provide models in bikini for a shoot in return for consideration from the other party for the shoot.

Now, if one party did not deliver according to the material terms of the contract, which in this case, is the "bikini" portion, then there would be, at the very least, misrepresentation and breach of contract, for which remedies are available.

Among the remedies include restitution (meaning give back the money) or compensation (which means, give back part of the money to compensate for providing models only in half-bikini), if the party is unwilling or unable to perform according to the material terms of the contract.

Note: I'm not the one who complained about breach of contract. And this is all theoretical discussion alone. I have no idea whether the models actually showed up in full bikini or not. And I'm not the least interested in this shoot. I'm only writing this to clarify the legal viewpoints, and only because you and I met in modelinn shoots.

I am not making any accusation against the organiser, since I have no way of knowing whether the models actually posed in full bikini. All I am saying is, from a strictly legal point of view, if one party did not fulfil his obligations to the letter, there is a breach of contract for which legal remedies are available.

This has nothing to do with the common law. Whether a transaction is arm's length or not is immaterial. In fact, "arm's length" is more a corporate governance concept and audit concept than a contract law concept. As far as contracts are concerned, whatever is agreed has to be executed, whether the transaction is arm's length or not.

This is a discussion on legal theory only. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.