Fans Of Sid Meier's Civilization

Oh yeah! I started playing Civilisation on my IPC Unosys 286 some 20 years ago!

Talk about cpu, from 286, 386, and TB 1 ghz to now, I keeps those cpu, heh heh!

Last edited:
Civilization and Simcity.. . It is good to know there are others still interested in them from way back till the present day. I still have some of PC's earliest CPUs as keepsakes.

I had been playing Civilization ever since the 1st game came out. Still my all time favourite.

I like the fact it is a turn by turn strategy game. I don't need to have fast hands or constant attention, unlike those real time strategy games, thus more relaxing to play.

Bought this game but never understood how it works. On the other hand, Red Alert, Age of Empire and Cossacks were what i grew up with (and took time from my studies haha).

I had been playing Civilization ever since the 1st game came out. Still my all time favourite. I like the fact it is a turn by turn strategy game. I don't need to have fast hands or constant attention, unlike those real time strategy games, thus more relaxing to play.

Yeah and i was puzzled. Haha. To me turn by turn is like board game. I prefer simultaneous and things to run concurrently. Not saying i'm good at those but matter of preference! :)

I learn aqueduct from this game. During my upcoming trip, I found one at Rome. Just now watch amazing race, there is another one in UK and still in use. I love that structure, very unique. :D

I am a fan of Civilization too, one of the main reason is I prefer turn-based games, same reason like Kelccm, I can take as much time as I like and less strenuous on my fingers and wrist.
Once I start a new game, I lose self control and continue playing till late at night. On weekends, I can play the whole day.:)

Used to play some very old games, like Battle of Britain, which is also turn-based. I missed those.

Nice... I don't have the time to play such games any more. Gone are the days... Hope to find some time to rekindle the good old gaming days:)

Nice to know others also love this epic game.
I've been playing Civ ever since the first one in my Poly days, on a 386 PC. Now 20+ years later I'm still playing Civ5. Think I've spent a grand total of more than 1 year of my life on Civ, and loving every minute of it. :cool: