Family And Kids = No Time For Photo Taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
How much I envy those friends whom are still single where they are having lots of time shooting during the weekends. Having family and kids, piority has changed very much.
Sometimes going on family outing, also don't bother to carry loads of equipment. Instead
just a idiot proof camera with loads of kids barang instead....

Well, perhaps that is part of life.....but of course still shooting at home for my kids though....

well there are some of us who have plenty of time to shoot but yearn for a loving wife and family to spend time with.

:)

jOhO said:
well there are some of us who have plenty of time to shoot but yearn for a loving wife and family to spend time with.

:)

I have yet to find my the other half ... :cry:

hahahahha......

I shooting too much... but all not for myself.

have to document my family first when I am free..

plan photo outing with family friendly place in mind

go there enjoy photography with your family.
you must remember to take some family photos as well

Hey...cheer up man. I have friends who have wife and kidS and are STILL enjoying their hobby of photography. What they've done is to SWITCH to portrait, candid or even macro photography.

One of them even bought a studio set and have been producing excellent 'studio-like' shots of his kids.

I think, our hobbies, like our lives, have to be dynamic and evolve with the different stages of life.

But one thing for certain, after having just the WIFE ...spending have to be REALLY careful. CAnnot anyhow change lens or add extra stuff. I guess it's just trust and responsibility.

Cheers

It depend what you want to shoot, you should able to find some time for yourself, like myself, I go shoot sunrise of Punggol on my own, Ortega shoot macro when sending daughter for class, eikin bring camera to wherever he goes.

If you depend on photography outing, the timing is not suitable for family men most of the time.

Couldn't agree more :)
Documenting your courtship, marriage then children ...is part of autobiography.

:think: Not so sure about including marriage breakdowns, affairs, mistresses...divorces..married again blah blah blah. :bsmilie:

u ought to see fengwei's post. he successfully married his hobby with his family - go search his lovely pics of his daughter. :thumbsup:

i think photogs who single & old age has lots of time to shoot!
:bsmilie:

between skool and going back home (i not singaporean) on wwekend i no time to shoot liao. :cry:

Picard said:
But one thing for certain, after having just the WIFE ...spending have to be REALLY careful. CAnnot anyhow change lens or add extra stuff. I guess it's just trust and responsibility.

Cheers

Before marry, BUY BUY BUY all the lens FIRST!!! hahaha.... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
got gf already = no time take pics liao...

got wife = no time to bio camera liao...

got kids = no time to even touch camera liao...
Hehe, got gf, take picture of gf.....

got wife, take picture of wife....

got kids, take picture of kids lor..... :bsmilie:

When your kids are small yah probably. But when they grow up, teach them photography and you will get your free companions for photo outings of your own...good idea isn't it?

Single ------>Plenty of time to shoot... but go out shooting have to carry tripod and all the gear myself...

got GF -----> not that bad lah... go out together for shooting... sometimes share gear... bring 1 tripod 2 person use... hehehe sometimes she carry sometimes i carry....

Married -----> hmmmm.... Honeymoon period... excellent... got free model and got tripod carrier and refreshments also... :bsmilie:
When wife pregnant.... hmmm Lost tripod carrier and In turn have to provide refreshments....

When Kid is newborn ----->grandpa and grandma say... cannot go out... air bad for kids..... when kid become toddler.... tot can go out liao... who knows... too much trouble... must lug your gear... must bring orange juice for kid must bring towel... must bring spare clothing then must bring your own stuff also.... Most importantly... wherever you go... Firt priority... look for toilets.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Kids grow up liao -----> They think mummy and daddy not cool.... only go out with you when they need $$$ or got nothing to do.... but then saving up for their education fund so dare not buy gear.... now start to have time to shoot... but your Digital Camera since the time you single already obsolete.... cannot shoot raw cos no converter available for your camera....
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.