Familiar looking fella - Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.

skfoo

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
This fella may easily be mistaken for another sunbird flying here and there among the trees. Its built is rather small and very often, it appears as silhouette against the bright skies.

Sometimes, if we were to go slow on our footsteps and spend some time to enjoy the scenery around us, you never know what you may find among the silhouette.

A record shot, posting to share how the purple-throated sunbird looked from side view and the flower it gets the nectar from.

Cheers! ;)

PT-Sunbird-Img-140-DSC_0058.jpg

Impressive. Do you have any personal gallery? I am sure you have other magnificent shots for wildlife/birds. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments!

Harlequin,

It is a good place to recuperate from sun burn. This is one of the most colourful sunbird indeed. The shine (purple/green) on the feathers set it apart from other sunbirds.

kayaro888,

Nice meeting you too! Some kind of a first meeting! I was teaching my son the do and don't in the field/garden. Hope my sternness did not bother you or leave you with a bad impression. ;)

lemonlogix,

I do not have a personal gallery yet. Just started nature photography last year and hope to accumulate enough images/information before setting-up one.

Cheers!

Nice one there, SK. :thumbsup: Your shot really brings out the iridescence and colours well. Agree with you thats its a good place to shoot it, not only shade, got chairs and bench to rest some more. :p

nice catch. looks like the purple is back at MOG...

Garion/erwinx,

Thanks for the comments. ;)

Each time I look at the image, I tell myself this is so unreal! How could feathers shine this way?

It's a wonderful shot of a beautiful bird!
So amazing how many colours there are on such a tiny creature ...
Thanks for sharing ! :thumbsup:

will take your suggestion to slow down, watch the scenery,
keep an eye out and hope for the best ...
of cos must make sure i carry my binos too! :lovegrin:

LC

Madcat II/chngpe01/diddledoodles/Avatar,

Thanks! :cool:

Hmmm I feel the colour's a bit ruined by the flash, evidently that flash was used and the area was supposedly quite dark?

But I must say it's a good catch, you don't get such luck everyday! :D

Hmmm I feel the colour's a bit ruined by the flash, evidently that flash was used and the area was supposedly quite dark?

espn,

Thanks for the comments.

In situation like that you have 3 choices:

1) Don’t used flash
The bird will appear as silhouette due to the bright skies.

2) Exposed for the bird
The sky will be overexposed

3) Use flash
Sky and bird will be exposed correctly.

What’s your choice? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.