False Low Battery Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gael Chan

Apr 20, 2007
I bought my Canon 350D around 3 years back and haven't been touching it for 2 months and so today when i took it out, it reflected i have a low battery. Initially i thought my battery was flat hence i went to charge but the problem arise over and over again. What is happening?! Is the camera faulty or the battery?

HELP! Anybody experienced this before?

Loan a 350D battery to test if it is battery problem or Body problem. ;)
O could help if u live near my area since I am using 350D too.

I bought my Canon 350D around 3 years back and haven't been touching it for 2 months and so today when i took it out, it reflected i have a low battery. Initially i thought my battery was flat hence i went to charge but the problem arise over and over again. What is happening?! Is the camera faulty or the battery?

HELP! Anybody experienced this before?

Most likely the battery is having a power drop due to the non-utilization and charging.
Did you kept it well? (temperature, humidity, clean contacts)

Drop me a PM if you wanna test out a spare battery of mine. I'm staying in the West area.
G'Luck mate! ;)

may be the battery's fault. A battery can operate with a certain amount of cycles, one discharge is one cycle, and one charge is one cycle. After every cycle the battery can store less charge cause of some oxcide forming in the battery. Your battery may have dropped charge to a very low value.

may be the battery's fault. A battery can operate with a certain amount of cycles, one discharge is one cycle, and one charge is one cycle. After every cycle the battery can store less charge cause of some oxcide forming in the battery. Your battery may have dropped charge to a very low value.

You don't want to have any Oxygen inside a Lithium-Ion rechargeable, trust me on that. So oxidation is not the cause but rather careless storing. Lithium-Ion needs a certain minimum charge which must not drop below. If it does the battery is gone case.
TS: get a new battery, charge properly and enjoy your camera. Do charge the battery regularly even if you don't use the cam. That's all about maintenance.

you can try cleaning the battery contacts.

if that fails, it just means that the battery has hit its lifespan, :)

Thanks all!! i think my batteries are spoilt.

Check :

a) the batteries (use a multimeter to check the voltage) This will determine if the batteries are faulty.

b) the battery door (occasionally if the door is not able to close properly, I find that certain cameras tends to show the low batt warning) try opening and closing the door in future when u see the warning appear.

c) the camera (you'd probably have to send in your camera to the service centre for a check if all the above are not the reasons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.