Falling off platform, get run over is yr own problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
....how about walking in the tunnel and get electrocuted or fall/seriously injured???

Yeah...you deserve it....out of so many places...why you purposely want to walk in there? Eat too free nothing better to do?

Train BREAKS down, bro!

Forced to walk. You think walk there for photoshoot is it?

....how about walking in the tunnel and get electrocuted or fall/seriously injured???

this is seriously valid argument. what if I trip and fall while walking out of the tunnel. break my head, break hand, break leg

who to claim medical? compensation?

If it's so safe, why put up barricades on all platforms after the accident?

Just saw the news on Channel 5. Finally understood what this thread was about.

Quite shag for the Thai girl but...I think it's quite hard to find fault with SMRT if the test is whether they are liable for her injuries or not. More probable that they are not than they are which is why the judge decided in SMRT's favour.

The Thai teenager sued and lost the lawsuit. Have not read the details of court case. Any witnesses? Any CCTV footage showing what happened? The accident was at AMK MRT.

(side note: please note that many BTS stations in Bangkok do not have any barricades)

Of course it would be safer to have the barricades.
Before this AMK MRT accident (and a very sad suicide in Chinese Garden MRT when a destitute man gave his son money to buy 3 packets of chicken rice for the family, before his plunge onto the MRT track), the top management must be thinking of the cost of putting up barricades; and deciding not to.
If they had intention to do so, then the barricades would have been built during construction of the MRT.

But because of the spate of MRT suicides; and this one at AMK MRT, they cannot ignore the problem any more.
(Remember we claimed to be a First World country)
Do note the significance of ANG MO KIO. It is the PM's constituency. If the PM cannot protect the safety of his constituents because LTA/SMRT wanted to save some money, then it is a big no-no.
The authorities cannot afford to ignore and have another MRT accident at AMK MRT due to missing barricades.

There is no choice.

Once they build barricades at AMK, they have to do so for all other constituencies.

Last edited:
If it's so safe, why put up barricades on all platforms after the accident?

The decision to put up barricades came before the accident.

The MRT track have become a favorite suicide destination for people suffering from depression.

If you went to other countries like Japan, you will notice that they fined the next-of-kin of the person, who commit suicide, rather than putting up barricade.

Ironically, they thought that the barricade will stop the suicidal people from disrupting train services. But it turn out that the poor maintenance become a major cause of train service disruption.

Last edited:
Does passengers need to read and agree any Disclaimer for taking the train?

like walk in tunnel at your own risk when breakdown
like fall into the track if you faint
like get trap in the gap between platform and train door
like suffocate when getting trap in the train cabin when power failure

Does passengers need to read and agree any Disclaimer for taking the train?

like walk in tunnel at your own risk when breakdown
like fall into the track if you faint
like get trap in the gap between platform and train door
like suffocate when getting trap in the train cabin when power failure

They need to put a Notice...

Commuter take public transport at your own risk.

End of story.

They need to put a Notice...

Commuter take public transport at your own risk.

End of story.

They did.... it written on a notice board at each station... but no one ever bother to read every single word... if you don't believe... do you ever read every single line on your Air-ticket or that insurance you are buying...

And Yes.. please use common sense when using Public Transport and/or any other things you might be doing... if you are feeling unwell... then STEP AWAY FROM THE YELLOW LINE. Even today... with the half height Passenger Screen Door in operation... all of you should still stay behind the yellow line. You have no idea how many idiots I've seen leaning against the glass and some even rest their hands on top... forgetting that now their Arms are sticking out towards the oncoming train.

If you believe in GOD... then knows that you have a Brain for a purpose... and it is to takecare of yourself... and NOT KPKB only after something happens. :sweat:

Before you walk inside the tunnel....the power would have already been shut down for the old N/S or E/S line... if its any of the new line... the power line is above the train... so, unless you stand 9 feet tall and must stretch up your arms as you walk... highly unlikely you'll touch the power line... which is above the train and NOT above the walkway... which by the way, would most likely have its power shut too...

Btw... if you can't walk properly and fall easily... ask for assistance or better still... move about in wheelchair, have someone accompanied you... or stay home...

Last edited:
Before you walk inside the tunnel....the power would have already been shut down for the old N/S or E/S line... if its any of the new line... the power line is above the train... so, unless you stand 9 feet tall and must stretch up your arms as you walk... highly unlikely you'll touch the power line... which is above the train and NOT above the walkway... which by the way, would most likely have its power shut too...

Btw... if you can't walk properly and fall easily... ask for assistance or better still... move about in wheelchair, have someone accompanied you... or stay home...
This type of service attitude is deplorable. Train breakdowns alr bad enough to cause a lot mental stress and frustration liao. Still give sarcastic remark of sitting in wheelchair and ask people to stay at home. You call this world class public transport???

This type of service attitude is deplorable. Train breakdowns alr bad enough to cause a lot mental stress and frustration liao. Still give sarcastic remark of sitting in wheelchair and ask people to stay at home. You call this world class public transport???

I call it, take train if you want... take taxi if you like it better... I don't work for the PR department... and call it as I see it... oh... btw, I've never called anything World Class. Because I know the difference between slogan and reality. And I don't go around remembering slogan so that I can Stir and Stir....

And fyi... wheelchairs ARE available at each station... its for passengers that are too weak to walk... so that's what I was suggesting.

Last edited:

You're thinking too much bro. Relax, diver isn't being sarcastic.

Besides, Diver has explained the safety measures, so why get worked up as if people will still die on the tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.