Fake product from reputable shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpa

Nov 6, 2006
Hi guys, I bought the blue swiss blower from a reputable shop at SLS, A--- Ph-t- the one at the ground floor it's always packed with people.. found out that it's a fake.... And I got it for $18... ;(

Buyers beware.. A*E instead of A*F the model number is 16668 instead of 18666. I have use the original one.. it feels different rubber quality is different.

Only to warn the others about paying extra for a fake product... even the original one is cheaper... although its a very small item, being cheated by a reputable shop just kills the shop reputation for me.

I was in a hurry that's why i didnt bargain or check just bought and go. So guys even reputable shops sell fakes...... Next time I wont go there anymore... Lucky for me its a very small item... imagine getting fake lens..........:thumbsd:

I will put this shop into my list of blacklisted shop, even if the things are cheaper i rather pay slightly more for a peace of mind..

Hi guys, I bought the blue swiss blower from a reputable shop at SLS, A--- Ph-t- the one at the ground floor it's always packed with people.. found out that it's a fake.... And I got it for $18... ;(

Buyers beware.. A*E instead of A*F the model number is 16668 instead of 18666. I have use the original one.. it feels different rubber quality is different.

Only to warn the others about paying extra for a fake product... even the original one is cheaper... although its a very small item, being cheated by a reputable shop just kills the shop reputation for me.

I was in a hurry that's why i didnt bargain or check just bought and go. So guys even reputable shops sell fakes...... Next time I wont go there anymore... Lucky for me its a very small item... imagine getting fake lens..........:thumbsd:

I will put this shop into my list of blacklisted shop, even if the things are cheaper i rather pay slightly more for a peace of mind..

Most 'reputable' shops don't really sell small accessories at competitive prices. they are known for their prices and reputation when it comes to lenses and bodies. Its like going to Apple to buy their screen protector vs buying their macbooks. you can pay like say 80+ bucks for that plastic screen whereas you could have gotten it at 10 bucks (just an analogy, i dont think thats the case). :dunno:

Also, its partly your own fault since they did not tell/scam/persuade you that was what you wanted, you took it and left, unlike other shops where they lie to you saying what nikon dont make batteries anymore and sell you a third party battery at 100 bucks. :angry:

Yup I agree I am at fault, that's why I post to prevent others from falling into the same trap.. But to sell fake at higher price than the real thing is just plain dishonest. And I think it's a pity to destroy the shop name because of this....

Most 'reputable' shops don't really sell small accessories at competitive prices. they are known for their prices and reputation when it comes to lenses and bodies. Its like going to Apple to buy their screen protector vs buying their macbooks. you can pay like say 80+ bucks for that plastic screen whereas you could have gotten it at 10 bucks (just an analogy, i dont think thats the case). :dunno:

Also, its partly your own fault since they did not tell/scam/persuade you that was what you wanted, you took it and left, unlike other shops where they lie to you saying what nikon dont make batteries anymore and sell you a third party battery at 100 bucks. :angry:

So...it's ok for shop to sell fake products as long as they don't claim it as original or persuade u to buy it just because u're in a hurry????

For me I don't think its ok, for as long as a shop has the intention to bring in fakes and display in their shop they have the intention to cheat. To me It's like being stab in the back for trusting somebody :)

Good to know, thank for sharing.

so my question is, did they tell u the blower they were selling you is the famous brand or the 3rd party one that looks like famous brand one?

if they told you. This is the XxX brand swiss blower, but sold you something else, you can go to CASE and complain about them. If you asked for a blower and they just passed and sold you one w/o misrepresenting a 3rd party from the XxX brand blower, they did nothing wrong.

For me I don't think its ok, for as long as a shop has the intention to bring in fakes and display in their shop they have the intention to cheat. To me It's like being stab in the back for trusting somebody :)

i disagree. you can bring in fakes and display it. its not cheating. cheating only occurs when you ask if its original and the sales says YES and you bought it and found out its fake THEN its cheating.

so long as consumer doesnt ask if it's original or fake its not cheating

oh...btw....what they sold you is not fake....is a third party that looks like the original.

it is fake if it sported the exact same brand and model number, but you could somehow tell it was different, like poor quality material/printing etc.

The salesmans only told me that they have the swiss made blower. So they are not cheating right? But it only proves the trustworthy of the shop. I am not here to prove that they are wrong in any means.. But can it is still be listed as a reputable shop?

It is a profession for some to turn black into white and white into black. But ultimately its back to having moral values. Some people just have less of it thats all.

No point arguing.. but let this be an example for potential buyers.

I'm sure u went in looking for THAT brand? :)

oh...btw....what they sold you is not fake....is a third party that looks like the original.

it is fake if it sported the exact same brand and model number, but you could somehow tell it was different, like poor quality material/printing etc.

Lol. no offence, bro.
I like how you explain the difference between fake and 3rd party.
And your theory that 3rd party product isn't fake...

It reminds me so much of Thailand. This is 'aga aga' how it goes in one of the flea markets;

"what i sold you is not fake.. It is a 'A' grade that looks like the original.
it is fake if it sported the exact same brand and model number, but you could somehow tell it was different, like poor quality material/printing etc. But 'A' grade, you can't tell"

:bsmilie:

TS, you know, why not go back to the shop, complain and ask for a refund/ replacement and see what they say? I'm sure if u post the results of your 2nd trip back it would be more meaningful.

The general feeling is that you bought a blower, got misinformed by a silly (maybe even new ) salesperson, and left. Could be your fault, salesperson's fault, or even the shop, no one can gauge.

However if you go back and they refuse to honor it, even up to managerial level, then it's a sign of cheating from top level down.

Just trying to make it more conclusive.

Also might save you some bucks.

Lol. no offence, bro.
I like how you explain the difference between fake and 3rd party.
And your theory that 3rd party product isn't fake...

It reminds me so much of Thailand. This is 'aga aga' how it goes in one of the flea markets;

"what i sold you is not fake.. It is a 'A' grade that looks like the original.
it is fake if it sported the exact same brand and model number, but you could somehow tell it was different, like poor quality material/printing etc. But 'A' grade, you can't tell"

:bsmilie:

hehe..no offence taken... but i guess in Thailand, if you buy something "branded" at a cheap price, not from the official boutiques in the malls, you already understand that it is a fake/pirated version of the original, when its too good to be true, it usually is. I'm sure those A grade stuff, even if not same model number, it will sport the correct brand like PRADA/LV.

The blower in question, had a different Brand. AE vs AF. close, but definitely different, which is why i asked about whether the salesman represented the blower as the "official" branded one.

TS, you know, why not go back to the shop, complain and ask for a refund/ replacement and see what they say? I'm sure if u post the results of your 2nd trip back it would be more meaningful.

The general feeling is that you bought a blower, got misinformed by a silly (maybe even new ) salesperson, and left. Could be your fault, salesperson's fault, or even the shop, no one can gauge.

However if you go back and they refuse to honor it, even up to managerial level, then it's a sign of cheating from top level down.

Just trying to make it more conclusive.

Also might save you some bucks.

true, you can go try and ask for a refund. I understand that the MASS sale section, one of the sellers sell the AE blower you bought for only $10.

I would say the main grip you should have with the shop is that they overcharged you by $8 for the 3rd party blower.

to me that shop is not considered a reputable shop

don't like the service at funan branch as well...

to me that shop is not considered a reputable shop

that's why Caveat emptor always applies no matter where you shop. Even a reputable shops can have their blacksheep salesman, and unreputable shops will also have their good salesman :)

Blacksheeps in herds of white sheep, and White sheep in herds of blacksheeps :)

Meeeeehhh.... :p

Technically it is not a fake.

The blower you bought has a different model number from what you intended to get.

Misleading, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.