fake lens?

Sandara Park

Nov 20, 2010
hey guys.. im new here.. was wondering if there is such thing as FAKE lens exist as there are so many fake accessories.. and if i have deal with the buyer.. how could i ensure that the lens is in good condition? i mean if there is some problem with the internal part of the lens or what i couldnt notice it right away right..

to be more precise, they are called 3rd parties, not fakes ( ̄¬ ̄*)

when viewing the lens, ensure that af works, no error issues, no fungus, etc ( ̄∇ ̄ )

if counterfeiters were adept enough at producing fake lenses, they might as well start up their own company legitimately.

as for how to ensure the lens is working, look out of marks on the exterior, the lens element and whether or not the glass itself is damaged in any way such as scratches or fungus.

Fake grips - YES
Fake batteries - YES
Fake straps - Possible
Fake flashes - Unlikely
Fake bodies - Near Impossible
Fake lenses - Near Impossible

But you never know what might come from China nowadays

Fake grips - YES
Fake batteries - YES
Fake straps - Possible
Fake flashes - Unlikely

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i got fake lens, i use it to drink water.

Dear TS,

If you have this concern, you should only buy your lenses from the most trustworthy shops. Good luck!

i got a fake one, cannot use it to shoot but usefull for containing my coffee or millo or tea in it :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i got a fake one, cannot use it to shoot but usefull for containing my coffee or millo or tea in it :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

u meant replica? ;)

how to spot fungus on the lens? is it like spot of dirt? fungus grow on the lens because the lens is not kept in dry cabinet?

Google that my dear!

Try to rephrase TS' original question - I think she is saying: I know nothing about checking 2nd hand lenses so if I were to buy one from the B&S section, what do I need to check out for?
[1] Replica lenses (fake lenses, is it possible?),
[2] lenses with fungus - how does it look like?
[3] lenses with internal problem that is not easily spotted from just looking at it - how does one go about checking them?

wow you know me so well! hahaa.. it'd be nice if you can give me answers for all my doubts.. :)

wow you know me so well! hahaa.. it'd be nice if you can give me answers for all my doubts.. :)

Help yourself by browsing the forum with open eyes. It is very safe to assume that many of your question have been asked many many times...
Buying 2nd hand lenses
But maybe you want to get familiar with the basics first?

Fake grips - YES
Fake batteries - YES
Fake straps - Possible
Fake flashes - Unlikely

I'd like to add ..

Fake filters - YES

hey guys.. im new here.. was wondering if there is such thing as FAKE lens exist as there are so many fake accessories.. and if i have deal with the buyer.. how could i ensure that the lens is in good condition? i mean if there is some problem with the internal part of the lens or what i couldnt notice it right away right..

sorry, you mean you think people will bother to make a fake canon 10-22?

I'd like to add ..

Fake filters - YES

there is no such thing as a fake filter if it works as a filter.

same for grip, same for batteries...

fake food = plastic food
fake fish = plastic fish
fake telephone = telephone that doesn't work