fake fisheye

Status
Not open for further replies.

qisya

Feb 26, 2009
hello all :)

i've been wondering how to get that fisheye effect, without buying a dedicated fisheye lens? quality doesnt really matter that much since i like to pp and get that lomo-ish look, i just like the dark circular vignettes and alil distortion would be nice. heard of some 0.45x uwa/fisheye converters. but they're so many brands i dnt know which one works best. anyone has experience with these and have a specific brand to recommend? a rough price gauge and the location to buy would be awesome. thanks in advance for any replies (if there is hehehe)! ;p

if you're gonna photoshop, might as well photoshop in the fisheye effect too right? free.

if you're gonna photoshop, might as well photoshop in the fisheye effect too right? free.

i knew someone would say this. hehs.
ok, let's say im not gonna photoshop every single shot i make and that i prefer some kinda fisheye converter or something of the likes

Those fisheye/ultra-wide converter is crap.
I used to have one but the quality of the photos is damn poor.

The photos taken with the 0.5x or 0.45x converter will not be sharp.
Took it out and take a few shots then never used it ever again so sold it away.

I think do it on photoshop would be better. ;)

yeah. agree with shaoken. the result you'll get wont be that nice.
photoshop would be better. save alot of money. :)

if u have no ps, pm me, ;)

you can simulate the effect using software, but you can't get that ultra wide angle coverage. only the real fisheye lens can give you that.

thanks guys for the response.. guess i'll just save up more cash and get the real fisheye. but its so expensive! hehehes. i guess i'll just photoshop for now (x

Yes i believe that'll be a better option, although i've never really used a fisheye converter before. But from the things i've read, it's not really worth it. You're better off taking a pic thru the peephole on the door. Hahaha. Anyways I'm saving up for a fisheye too! :cool:

Hahahah i tried using a peephole too but was an epic failure!!!! quality sucked like really bad!
saving up for a tokina 10-17mm read a lot got great reviews, fisheye and wide-angle good for crop and FF bodies. For Canon and Nikon!

come on, fisheye rocks my socks! XD
i'm only 1 month baby to photography and i'm gonna save up for A FISHEYE too!
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :heart::heart::heart:

Hey newbie with a question here. Since photoshop can create 'bokeh' effect, fish eye effect. Can i know why ppl are still gg for fast lens? I know its for low light condition, but other den that? Since we photoshop can make a 'bokeh' den why still need a 50mm f1.8? Sorry to side track.

wahh! :thumbsup: thanks for this link bro. better than the door peephole i suspect. whaha! what about those fisheye effect with crazy vignette? cut out a circle on a black sheet and paste it infront of the reading glasses? hahahah i sound so pathetic :cry:

what more you can do is....take multiple snapshots, on tripod ofcourse panning say 180 degree and then join it in PS..and then use the fisheye effect...will give you the desired result of UWA lens...just my 0.02

cool! :D
this is the cheapest one. u only need to spent 2dollars for this :D
as u can get the reading glases for a dollar at any 1dollar shop right? :bsmilie:

IMHO it gives the fisheye effect but it does NOT cover the 180 degrees which most people look to for getting a fisheye not just just blurred edges, no? anyways a mounted lens will always be better than any DIY lenses or attachments so yeah, save those few bucks to get a larger portion for your next meal and save up for the REAL thing!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.