Fake D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

photograher

Sep 6, 2010
Buying second hand d90 no receipt. How check geninue or fake?

I think you are referring to a grey set....if that's the case then definitely they wont issue a receipt. Maybe you can ask the seller about the seller and BTW...I think its impossible to fake a D90 camera:dunno:

:what:

You win :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: thanks for brightening up my day... I don't think it is THAT easy to fake a good DSLR... unless someone just rips off a D90 logo and slaps it on an older body...which at many a times will show some sloppiness...

Test shoot it with your lens, if it's a fake, all your portraits will look like Hello Kitty faces.

I think you are referring to a grey set....if that's the case then definitely they wont issue a receipt. Maybe you can ask the seller about the seller and BTW...I think its impossible to fake a D90 camera:dunno:

Maybe TS is getting it from the BnS...many a chance the receipt will be lost...

:bsmilie: Guess I have fast fingers huh!!! Outside is a D90 body then after taking a shot then suddenly a photo paper comes out and shows you the photo that you've taken, then thats how you tell its a fake man!!!

Usually no receipt means the camera is out of warranty. People keep the receipt to prove that warranty is still valid.

If yours is a D90, NSC shouls be able to tell you whether your set still have any warranty left even if you don't have a warranty card.

Anyway...there is no fake D90 as far as I know. :cool:

TS, u made my day. :bsmilie:

How abt someone selling DXXXX but swop it with a D90 badge and selling @ D90 price?? Thats is a fake D90 :thumbsup:

TS, u made my day. :bsmilie:

How abt someone selling DXXXX but swop it with a D90 badge and selling @ D90 price?? Thats is a fake D90 :thumbsup:

Now I wanna wait for some kind soul to swop D7000 for a D90 badge one day... ;p

Edit: Seriously...there is SUCH a thing as a fake Casio G-shock (since the components are easily replicatable, not that high tech anyway)...but a fake DSLR - that will be the day...

Last edited:
I think you may wish to call nikon centre and check with the serial number on the body.
Please check properly before you make the purchase for 2nd hand items.

I think TS is referring to grey set as some have commented. :)

What is grey set?

If you see the model logo says "Dee90", then you will know for sure it is fake.
;)

Grey set means it is parallel imported into Singapore, bypassing the authorized dealers. These sets all do not have warranty. Even if you are willing to pay for it, Nikon Singapore has the right to decline any service or repairs to it.

wah lau eh the thread title very misleading leh.. :hammer:

Now I wanna wait for some kind soul to swop D7000 for a D90 badge one day... ;p

Edit: Seriously...there is SUCH a thing as a fake Casio G-shock (since the components are easily replicatable, not that high tech anyway)...but a fake DSLR - that will be the day...

That will be fake D7000!! 1st set in SIN!!! wahahaa :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

G-Shock, plenty across the causeway. Bugis, now I dunno have or not.

TS,

This thread has brighten the mid-week dullness... ;)

If you see the model logo says "Dee90", then you will know for sure it is fake.
;)

Grey set means it is parallel imported into Singapore, bypassing the authorized dealers. These sets all do not have warranty. Even if you are willing to pay for it, Nikon Singapore has the right to decline any service or repairs to it.

:thumbsup: Well said. :)

That will be fake D7000!! 1st set in SIN!!! wahahaa :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

G-Shock, plenty across the causeway. Bugis, now I dunno have or not.

Nope, that's a FAKE D90 with D7000 power! :bsmilie: Kinda like Ferrari engine in Suzuki swift...

Okay, obviously TS should be refering to a grey set - but title certainly took us by surprise... lol..

Last edited:
Guys, TS is new. He/she doesn't know what is a grey set or how we term it. So relax. TS might feel offended or embarassed... Relax...

Firstly I've never heard of fake Nikon D90.
Secondly, if you are buying second hand..
- if seller claims still under warranty, then a receipt is a must for non-grey set
- if seller claims warranty expired, then be it a grey or non-grey set receipt is of no use
- for grey sets, if warranty exists, its usually a shop warranty, meaning warranty not from Nikon service centre(NSC)

Grey sets are camera sold without NSC warranty.

My advice is get someone experience with you to help access the condition of the camera since u are not very sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.