Fake D800e

Oh... wow...

I am wondering if one day, these people started placing cheap hundred dollars compact camera into the bodies of D810, then sell them off through auction websites at US$1600 each. They will earn heaps. And close down the virtual shops as soon as discovered, then open another one, one or two weeks down the road. Wow... frightening.

Wow... But I guess it is entirely possible, since it is just a swap of the outer casing...

Thanks for the update !!!

But I'm thinking, I thought the exterior casing itself will cost quite a fair bit already....

But I'm thinking, I thought the exterior casing itself will cost quite a fair bit already....

Maybe they just pluck out the D800 plate and stick on D800E plate. 😃

I hope BnS sellers don't get offended if I'm just asking 'If this fake?'

Maybe they just pluck out the D800 plate and stick on D800E plate. 
the D800 / D800E wording is printed on the casing, so need to swap the top casing and plates at the bottom of the camera body.

And then the scammer will have a D800e in a D800 shell.. Not to mention the effort it takes to swop. Just to earn a few hundred bucks more. I have a hard time believing this is a big thing.!

Fake eyelevel finder F and F2 are made too. As well as fake Titans. They've been faking Leicas forever. They've probably sold a few fake HCB photos too. Please don't freak out and be scared to touch a Nikon or any camera for that matter. Be aware. Be educated. Be prepared. Know when you are rolling dice if at all possible.

It is nothing new bros...just modernized version of the same old game. :)

Nikon does not sell parts. Where do they get the casing?

Maybe they just replaced the labels like stickers :p

Fake eyelevel finder F and F2 are made too. As well as fake Titans. They've been faking Leicas forever. They've probably sold a few fake HCB photos too. Please don't freak out and be scared to touch a Nikon or any camera for that matter. Be aware. Be educated. Be prepared. Know when you are rolling dice if at all possible.

It is nothing new bros...just modernized version of the same old game. :)

Just raising awareness of what to check. And definitely not to deter people from buying/touching brand X or Y.

That means my genuine D800E is actually worth much more now ................... ;)