Faith in the city

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Saw a tourist pausing to take this picture, so after she finished and walked off I stood where she stood, and saw this. Very nice, except for the darn tree in the foreground, which I would have liked to chop down. Also had a hard time straightening the converging verticals. Still doesn't look quite right to me. Taken with a circular polariser on Nikon 990.

DSCN9555.JPG

Isn't it amazing what Photoshop can do?

Anyway I noticed this angle before but never got around to shoot it coz I guess I kindna take for granted that this view will always be around for me to shoot.

Hey... I saw your shot and happened to pass by that spot before the SEED session...
So I took a shot... I was just beside the tree... so it can't be seen...

DSC08332-Chijmes.JPG

This however, makes Westin look short...

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Saw a tourist pausing to take this picture, so after she finished and walked off I stood where she stood, and saw this. Very nice, except for the darn tree in the foreground, which I would have liked to shop down. Also had a hard time straightening the converging verticals. Still doesn't look quite right to me. Taken with a circular polariser on Nikon 990.

DSCN9555.JPG

so does using a circular polariser actually distort the pics taken? bought a hoya one but no time to test it out yet.
btw nice pic after editing! :) care to share how to to this kind of straightening in photoshop?

Circular polariser does not distort the picture at all.
It works by reducing scattered light, so the contrast is much better in sky shots.

I corrected the perspective using the transform-perspective tool.
Also had to use the distort -> pinch filter because the Westin was bulging out.

oic...then maybe the distortion in ur original pic is due to something else.
thanks for the photoshop tip. :)

It's due to barrel distortion at wide angles

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Also had a hard time straightening the converging verticals. Still doesn't look quite right to me. Taken with a circular polariser on Nikon 990.

the best way to do this is by having your lens straight (parellel to the ground) and have the ground level (or the eye level of the camera) in the middle of the image.

Take the pic which contain half of the unwanted foreground, then crop it away.
You need a wide angle to contain the structure in the upper half of the image thought.

The physical way to do it is to get a shift len, or going to large format camera which you can adjust the position of the film.

Was walking by yesterday and passed the same spot so decided to scout the area

Didnt bring my camera along...
I think an interesting angle would be to stand at the middle of the road where there is the grass patch divider and shoot up... the image would give an impression as if the Church towers above the Westin... yesh the stupid tree is irritating

Originally posted by sebastiansong
Was walking by yesterday and passed the same spot so decided to scout the area

Didnt bring my camera along...
I think an interesting angle would be to stand at the middle of the road where there is the grass patch divider and shoot up... the image would give an impression as if the Church towers above the Westin... yesh the stupid tree is irritating

You think you battle field photographer ah? Don't do this type of stunt. When you are looking through the view finder, you can't react to situations around you.

Hi Mpenza,

This should be St Andrew's church right? I walk past there everyday. Nice refreshing look at a place I see but don't notice everyday.

Originally posted by mpenza
Could this be considered "Faith in the City" too?

Status
Not open for further replies.