fairy like pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

transcentral

i am trying to get a shot of a person with a slight soft glow around the person how can i do so?-im using a coolpix5700

thanx !

QuickMaskMode (Press Q) , color subject accurately within intended glow, right click to select appropriate brush, exit QuickMaskMode (Q), Selection>Inverse, (Optional: Select> Feather), Ctrl-C or X then paste(CTRL V) and play with the Blending Options(right Click on Layer)..
Typically OuterGlow & Inner Glow

I dunno how the pros do it, this is how i achieve the effect.. can also use it to blur the background, or any effects that u wanna isolate from the other layer.

is tecnique to get a picture like this by mainly using camera and not retouching?

much easier with retouching i would say,
with camera i guess they would achieve it with an overexposed background & soft flash to fill in the face, and also soft filter perhaps? Need to try out..

transcentral said:
i am trying to get a shot of a person with a slight soft glow around the person how can i do so?-im using a coolpix5700

thanx !

you mean ard the hair or body?? When subject back face against bacllight, his/her person hair(esp those dye one) will have a nice glow.
I do not get consistent good result with this, but wat i did is, zoom in close, spot focus on her face, meter, zoom out recompose and shoot.
It will have a nice glow of her hair.

I do believe there better technique in getting it, maybe some pros can advise =p

Er... I'll do the retouching in PS instead, similar to sk_online's flow, not sure about the camera technique tho.

* togu pull a chair and sit next to Ace, waiting... :sweat:

togu said:
Er... I'll do the retouching in PS instead, similar to sk_online's flow, not sure about the camera technique tho.

* togu pull a chair and sit next to Ace, waiting... :sweat:

Did such a shot some time ago without retouching:
Set up a slave flash unit on a tripod behind subject about the height of subject's head.
Fit a diffuser filter on camera lens, mount a flash unit on the camera set on auto (depending on camera's aperture set) bounce this unit.
Fire away, should be able to get the wanted effect. Experimenting with the distance of the slave unit behind the subject will give different amount of glow around the subject's hair.

I'm not expert, but hope this helps.

transcentral said:

thanx !

Hmm....ok you will need a lamp or something bright enough to cover the wall, put it behind the subject that you will be shooting, now set your camera to a fast speed, aperture about f22 or bigger if needed, set your ISO to 200 or 400. then wahlah! there you go you got the glow effect of a subject(this is for indoor and shoot without having the face to be snap)

Now for if you want to have the face been shown, do the same as above but your shutter speed set to slow about 1/10 - 1/60 (for indoor), aperture can be can be f11 or f8, ISO 200 or 400 but ISO 200 would be better.

Well hope all this helps. hehehe well i might be wrong but keep trying! :D

Cheers,
Henry

Er....Not sure what exactly the effect you want. I just posted some pics 'shadow dancing' pls take a look, if dat's wat u want I can share with u how I do it... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.