Failed: Esplanade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
This place is hard to photograph. Took about 50 photos, went into shoot-without-thinking mode that night. This was the best of the worst... but i intend to keep it and try to reshoot again. Lemme have it.

original.jpg

heh... it's just a guideline... not rules man...
I'll just bump it up a week later unless the moderators have a serious issue with it =)
Or you have issue to critique 2 of my photos?

to me...the pic is ok :)
but just that a lot of people have taken this picture at this same angle.. thus u might wanna try some more new ways(though i dunno how), so that your picture will stand out

what do you think of the glass panes at the bottom left?

to be frank, it looks to me just like any other shot of the overshot esplanade. would need something really really special to impress people of a shot of it... have to really think out of the box. hope you have better luck in your reshoot..

regards,
patrick

Thanks guys... U're welcome to be as frank as possible... I dont deny this looks like any other esplanade shots, thats why I failed =D and we're all here to share...

The appeal to me here is the angle of the shot, the cascading of the triangles, that look like origami on the glass roof...

Foxtwo,
Not too sure about the window panes, I guess they make the structure more believable and give some form to it when I took this shot looking upwards. To crop it out of the photograph and it would look like another 'roof-shot' of the 'durian'

Rev said:
Thanks guys... U're welcome to be as frank as possible... I dont deny this looks like any other esplanade shots, thats why I failed =D and we're all here to share...

The appeal to me here is the angle of the shot, the cascading of the triangles, that look like origami on the glass roof...

Foxtwo,
Not too sure about the window panes, I guess they make the structure more believable and give some form to it when I took this shot looking upwards. To crop it out of the photograph and it would look like another 'roof-shot' of the 'durian'

u'know, the moment u included the sky it's already 'another roof-shot' of the durian. i understand the attraction of the pointy triangles but it's an attraction shot to hell and it's strange people saying they want something unique but all end up with the same concept.

if you don't mind, i've edited your pic to emphasise what i like about your capture. i've cropped the sky to a rough square, basic levelling, rotate CCW and cloned the crack over. i noticed the same thing from simplicity's shots, it's the support structure that's really interesting. and you've captured some of the 3-d shades as 2-d, that makes for gd illusion.

here

good point abt teh sky and thanks for the 'example', I dont mind... it helped to see the pic from yr view and it definitely looks a little different... however, I honestly feel wierd that the esplanade has been rotated 90deg CCW... maybe I 'll try a day shot next time round and shoot from a different altitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.