Fading Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelZhou

Jul 12, 2005
HoUgaNg (Any stalker? lol)
There was a time when I wish I could just fade away as the night goes on.
post-12-1135396650.jpg

i feel that the ribbon or strap on the left shoulder distracting for me
i feel that the picture does not give a fading away feel too

fullmetal said:
i feel that the ribbon or strap on the left shoulder distracting for me
i feel that the picture does not give a fading away feel too

That's the strap. Yeah I missed out that point, dont really pay attention on that. As for the feel, I leave it to the viewer interpreation. Perhabs you can tell me what feeling you get from this picture? Thanks for the comment.

AngelZhou said:
That's the strap. Yeah I missed out that point, dont really pay attention on that. As for the feel, I leave it to the viewer interpreation. Perhabs you can tell me what feeling you get from this picture? Thanks for the comment.

my feel ... more of "drifting in time/space" ?

i get the sense of floating away serenely in a gentle stream, drifting wherever the current takes her

Stereobox said:
i get the sense of floating away serenely in a gentle stream, drifting wherever the current takes her

honey, your words so cheem i dun understand -__- U online ah? Why dun say hi to me
:bheart:

My feeling:

Very nice picture after first look.
Later observed that the veil is pressed too closely to her right shoulder and makes that side look skinny. The darkness add to the effect. Making it look like a beautiful girl fading from right to left into darkness...

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

juggler said:
My feeling:

Very nice picture after first look.
Later observed that the veil is pressed too closely to her right shoulder and makes that side look skinny. The darkness add to the effect. Making it look like a beautiful girl fading from right to left into darkness...

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

something like that. darkness as 'the night'

Hope you don't mind a newbie's impression. :embrass: To me, the feeling is like the girl is blissfullly unaware that she is about to be taken away by some not-good force (the veil being the net).

Because the veil presses down on her fringe, she feels more "held down" and "caught" than "liberated" (by the desire to fade away). Actually, this shot looks troubling, but that sense of trouble could be why she wishes to fade away. :)

kaywalk said:
Hope you don't mind a newbie's impression. :embrass: To me, the feeling is like the girl is blissfullly unaware that she is about to be taken away by some not-good force (the veil being the net).

Because the veil presses down on her fringe, she feels more "held down" and "caught" than "liberated" (by the desire to fade away). Actually, this shot looks troubling, but that sense of trouble could be why she wishes to fade away. :)

Kaywalk, I'm a newbie too! lol Plus everyone start on being newbie, isnt it?

Thanks for the opinion. I really appreciate it. I havent seen the picture like that. Glad you point out. Nice to meet you anyway.

AngelZhou, can I know if there is any reason for this placement of her right hand? :)

Looks a bit uncomfortable (arm too tight against body? dunno), but people who are not feeling happy or are feeling vulnerable may place their hand like that, that's why I get that troubling sense, and how I can link it to your caption, hehe.

kaywalk said:
AngelZhou, can I know if there is any reason for this placement of her right hand? :)

Looks a bit uncomfortable (arm too tight against body? dunno), but people who are not feeling happy or are feeling vulnerable may place their hand like that, that's why I get that troubling sense, and how I can link it to your caption, hehe.

The placement of ther right hand is done by the model herself without any particular instruction. The direction given to the model is where she should position herself and I told her to stay comfortable.

Last time I try to direct the model in very particular pose however most of them find difficulty to follow exactly what I want. so now i'm intend to give as minimal direction as possible ( if any )

The caption is my interpretation on this picture, which most of the time, different from other observer / viewer. How you can link it to your interpretation, i leave it up to you ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.