Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
A rose, by any other name....

Picture_003ed.sized.jpg

Comments et al are welcomed.

ah..... just my 2 cents, i aint good at giving comments anyway :)

i find that a little more saturated colour for the whole scene would be better and keep the softness

composition wise, i cant see a point of focus on a subject.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
ah..... just my 2 cents, i aint good at giving comments anyway :)

i find that a little more saturated colour for the whole scene would be better and keep the softness

composition wise, i cant see a point of focus on a subject.

I think the whole point of this picture is the desaturation...

The softness and sharpness is not consistent. By this I mean that the centres of the roses are sharp, and the outer petals soft. But then the rose which is obviously nearer to us (lower right corner) exhibits this characteristic as well (when it should be entirely soft). PS suspect. I'm great fan of shallow DOF, but...

I like the desaturated colours, very "arty", like those shanghainese posters of ladies in cheongsams.

But I find the soft effect on the _entire_ picture a little uncomfy. I keep searching for at least one rose to focus on...not sure how to pinpoint this "difficult" feeling....it makes me almost giddy when my brain tells me "hey your eyes are tired, not focusing"....when it's actually the pix that's blur, not my eyes...know what I mean?

Sorry har, dunno how to put across my comments in a more professional and technical way.

p.s. the pix will be great with at least one rose in focus!

A big thank you to everyone who gave left their comments..

What i was trying to achieve with this shot and my "can-be-improved-upon" PS skill was that there is a nice bouquet of roses and have the colours faded to a half tone and have only the "central" part of the flowers in focus while the other outer petals remained "soft"...

Since this was shot with a DC and i couldn't really achieve the bokeh of a F2.8 or F1.8 prime lense, i had to improvise by using gaussian blur to get the other parts to be OOF...

Well, not much point to this picture, except it was meant to be art, or pseudo art... just wanted to see how well it would be recieved or how much "nays" it would receive...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.