facing sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlee12

May 4, 2009
hi! how do i shoot a person with proper exposure if behind the object there's a strong daylight? Is it possible to achieve the result of both the object and background clear or background blur, but the object/person must be of the correct exposure? thanks.

Is there anyway that i can solve the red eye effect witout enabling the red eye effect in my camera? btw....i'm using 500d.

thanks.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
hi! how do i shoot a person with proper exposure if behind the object there's a strong daylight? Is it possible to achieve the result of both the object and background clear or background blur, but the object/person must be of the correct exposure? thanks.
use a flash, or shoot at a different location without strong light at the back.

Is there anyway that i can solve the red eye effect witout enabling the red eye effect in my camera? btw....i'm using 500d.

thanks.
use a external flash, use bounce light, shoot at a brighter place.... etc

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008

thanks.
if you are using a compact camera, look for the sun-behind-person logo on the wheel or the menu.

clioboy

May 25, 2008
ain't u seniors not sick of answering the same questions thread in thread out? ;p

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
look at TS's username. Maybe he is a 12 year old? Let's be more forgiving.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
if you are using a compact camera, look for the sun-behind-person logo on the wheel or the menu.
He is using a 500D (see initial post). Didn't know that this is considered a compact camera ...

clioboy

May 25, 2008
look at TS's username. Maybe he is a 12 year old? Let's be more forgiving.
look at my avatar and my nick..

maybe i am a bear and boy to boot..:D

*hehehe*

fyi, i will normally ask my subjects to turn and face the light source at a slight angle..

side lighting..

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
He is using a 500D (see initial post). Didn't know that this is considered a compact camera ...
if you are using a compact camera...

saves him from repeating this particular question since its related but your point does have merit...after handling cameras like 30D, 1D, D200 and K20D, the 500D feels like a compact in my opinion.

If the user doesnt need the video option, anytime anyday i will recommend 40D if prefer canon.

Last edited:

Diavonex

Sep 23, 2008
Admiralty

thanks.
You can use reflector to solve the first problem.

http://www.geofflawrence.com/photography_tutorial_lighting_reflectors.htm

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
VisualJournalist.net

thanks.
make sure your background is dark also (i.e.: in the shade) and expose for the shade.
this will bring a sorta rim lighting around your subject.

Dominum

May 29, 2009
take 2 exposures then photoshop both together. :D

Nikonnew

May 31, 2005
for a moment i thought this is a newbie section....wait a minute...this is a newbie section.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom