facials! the price for vanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltandlight

Nov 21, 2005
i went for my first facial today! :eek: it was quite painful (but bearable) considering how many pimples/blackheads/whiteheads those beauticians had to squeeezeee for me. x_x aiyoh. then my face was a bit red after the whole thing but its apparently normal and will stay for about a day or two. the price for vanity. sighsigh! :dunno:

the beauticians were trying to psycho my friend and i into signing up for some package of 10 treatments at a discounted price. hums. 50bucks per Pure Oxygen Treatment wahh. :think:

haha just wondering how effective are these treatments and is it really necessary to do these treatments so regurlarly? i mean, i would think pimples kind of go away as you actually grow up right?

comments from those who frequent these beauty parlours often? hehe.

After u sign and pay up for the 10 treatment package, then at your next visit they would hard-sell u some lotions lah, tonics lah, creams lah etc. If u are the type who cannot resist a pretty girl sweet talk and hard-sell, then prepare to spend a lot of money for time to come...

Astin said:
After u sign and pay up for the 10 treatment package, then at your next visit they would hard-sell u some lotions lah, tonics lah, creams lah etc. If u are the type who cannot resist a pretty girl sweet talk and hard-sell, then prepare to spend a lot of money for time to come...

yea.. CONFIRM...

they say that ur face got this problem, they would recommand this product.. they do it on ur face during facial then when recommanding, they say, i did it on u jus now.. see feel good rite... :embrass:

saltandlight said:
i went for my first facial today! :eek: it was quite painful (but bearable) considering how many pimples/blackheads/whiteheads those beauticians had to squeeezeee for me. x_x aiyoh. then my face was a bit red after the whole thing but its apparently normal and will stay for about a day or two. the price for vanity. sighsigh! :dunno:

the beauticians were trying to psycho my friend and i into signing up for some package of 10 treatments at a discounted price. hums. 50bucks per Pure Oxygen Treatment wahh. :think:

haha just wondering how effective are these treatments and is it really necessary to do these treatments so regurlarly? i mean, i would think pimples kind of go away as you actually grow up right?

comments from those who frequent these beauty parlours often? hehe.

i used to go once every month.. but cut down to once every 2 months to now.. none.. only go when there is something on..

pimples DO lessen as you grow older. At least mine did... but only after 21 did it really subside to near nothingness. By then, the face already ravaged like war zone...

itchy said:
pimples DO lessen as you grow older. At least mine did... but only after 21 did it really subside to near nothingness. By then, the face already ravaged like war zone...
I beg to differ. There were reports that even in their 20s or 30s, women (i dunno about men) may still be battling with ache problem. So its not that as one grows older, pimples will become lesser.

However, 'itchy' may be right. Cos teenagers are more prone to pimples as they are undergoing hormonal changes (puberty),causing the skin to overproduce sebum. So as one grow old, their body hormones are more balanced in a sense, hence less pimple problem.

If you are going for facials just to maintain your complexion and not for some facial problems, a simple facial treatment package consisting of cleanser, scrub, mask is enough already.

In addition to that, develop a good skincare regimen at home, buy skincare products that are suitable for your skin type/condition.

Cheers!

Wah... So ex? :think:

Now u guys know where ya girlfriends and wife's money go to except clothes... Facials.... :D

jsbn said:

Now u guys know where ya girlfriends and wife's money go to except clothes... Facials.... :D

anyway, i dunno where my money go also, cos it seems like i paying for their clothes, facial & other tissue & napkins... :bsmilie:

lil_princess said:
I beg to differ. There were reports that even in their 20s or 30s, women (i dunno about men) may still be battling with ache problem. So its not that as one grows older, pimples will become lesser.

However, 'itchy' may be right. Cos teenagers are more prone to pimples as they are undergoing hormonal changes (puberty),causing the skin to overproduce sebum. So as one grow old, their body hormones are more balanced in a sense, hence less pimple problem.

If you are going for facials just to maintain your complexion and not for some facial problems, a simple facial treatment package consisting of cleanser, scrub, mask is enough already.

In addition to that, develop a good skincare regimen at home, buy skincare products that are suitable for your skin type/condition.

Cheers!

strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...

If you shave often - how to grow? :bsmilie:
Maybe should be trimming?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

just one suggestion Beijing 101!

dnd8008 said:
If you shave often - how to grow? :bsmilie:
Maybe should be trimming?

thought can stimulate it mah... like ppl say cut hair often can grow faster... my hair grow quite fast, just the beard area not as i like...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

U can try hair transplant, I think about US$1 per hair... :devil:

i wanan go facial too!! wanan try la :p. anyone wanna be my facial khaki?:bsmilie:

Bluestrike said:
Err.. any before and after pictures to show?

or vice verse~~ :p
U can try Photoshop, gaussian blur then unsharp mask, same effect one :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Astin said:
U can try Photoshop, gaussian blur then unsharp mask, same effect one :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

wad kinda facial pic u showing? :bsmilie:

jsbn said:

& cos they dun bring anything back home we tot they nv spend so much... :eek:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Got try take XO and rubba-rubba?

When u're desperate, anything goes. :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

you're sad you don't have pimples?!?!! bishhh. :sticktong everyone's jealous la haha. how do you effectively squeeze pimples anyway? if you don't do it properly then you either get major scarring or it gets infected and your face becomes a mighty warzone. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.