facials! the price for vanity


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2005
142
0
0
#1
i went for my first facial today! :eek: it was quite painful (but bearable) considering how many pimples/blackheads/whiteheads those beauticians had to squeeezeee for me. x_x aiyoh. then my face was a bit red after the whole thing but its apparently normal and will stay for about a day or two. the price for vanity. sighsigh! :dunno:

the beauticians were trying to psycho my friend and i into signing up for some package of 10 treatments at a discounted price. hums. 50bucks per Pure Oxygen Treatment wahh. :think:

haha just wondering how effective are these treatments and is it really necessary to do these treatments so regurlarly? i mean, i would think pimples kind of go away as you actually grow up right?

comments from those who frequent these beauty parlours often? hehe.
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#2
After u sign and pay up for the 10 treatment package, then at your next visit they would hard-sell u some lotions lah, tonics lah, creams lah etc. If u are the type who cannot resist a pretty girl sweet talk and hard-sell, then prepare to spend a lot of money for time to come...
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#3
Astin said:
After u sign and pay up for the 10 treatment package, then at your next visit they would hard-sell u some lotions lah, tonics lah, creams lah etc. If u are the type who cannot resist a pretty girl sweet talk and hard-sell, then prepare to spend a lot of money for time to come...
yea.. CONFIRM...

they say that ur face got this problem, they would recommand this product.. they do it on ur face during facial then when recommanding, they say, i did it on u jus now.. see feel good rite... :embrass:
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#4
saltandlight said:
i went for my first facial today! :eek: it was quite painful (but bearable) considering how many pimples/blackheads/whiteheads those beauticians had to squeeezeee for me. x_x aiyoh. then my face was a bit red after the whole thing but its apparently normal and will stay for about a day or two. the price for vanity. sighsigh! :dunno:

the beauticians were trying to psycho my friend and i into signing up for some package of 10 treatments at a discounted price. hums. 50bucks per Pure Oxygen Treatment wahh. :think:

haha just wondering how effective are these treatments and is it really necessary to do these treatments so regurlarly? i mean, i would think pimples kind of go away as you actually grow up right?

comments from those who frequent these beauty parlours often? hehe.
i used to go once every month.. but cut down to once every 2 months to now.. none.. only go when there is something on..
 

itchy

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
396
0
0
Katong
#5
pimples DO lessen as you grow older. At least mine did... but only after 21 did it really subside to near nothingness. By then, the face already ravaged like war zone...
 

#6
itchy said:
pimples DO lessen as you grow older. At least mine did... but only after 21 did it really subside to near nothingness. By then, the face already ravaged like war zone...
I beg to differ. There were reports that even in their 20s or 30s, women (i dunno about men) may still be battling with ache problem. So its not that as one grows older, pimples will become lesser.

However, 'itchy' may be right. Cos teenagers are more prone to pimples as they are undergoing hormonal changes (puberty),causing the skin to overproduce sebum. So as one grow old, their body hormones are more balanced in a sense, hence less pimple problem.

If you are going for facials just to maintain your complexion and not for some facial problems, a simple facial treatment package consisting of cleanser, scrub, mask is enough already.

In addition to that, develop a good skincare regimen at home, buy skincare products that are suitable for your skin type/condition.

Cheers!
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#7
Wah... So ex? :think:

Now u guys know where ya girlfriends and wife's money go to except clothes... Facials.... :D
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#8
jsbn said:
Wah... So ex? :think:

Now u guys know where ya girlfriends and wife's money go to except clothes... Facials.... :D
anyway, i dunno where my money go also, cos it seems like i paying for their clothes, facial & other tissue & napkins... :bsmilie:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#9
lil_princess said:
I beg to differ. There were reports that even in their 20s or 30s, women (i dunno about men) may still be battling with ache problem. So its not that as one grows older, pimples will become lesser.

However, 'itchy' may be right. Cos teenagers are more prone to pimples as they are undergoing hormonal changes (puberty),causing the skin to overproduce sebum. So as one grow old, their body hormones are more balanced in a sense, hence less pimple problem.

If you are going for facials just to maintain your complexion and not for some facial problems, a simple facial treatment package consisting of cleanser, scrub, mask is enough already.

In addition to that, develop a good skincare regimen at home, buy skincare products that are suitable for your skin type/condition.

Cheers!
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
 

dnd8008

New Member
Feb 25, 2005
186
0
0
#10
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
If you shave often - how to grow? :bsmilie:
Maybe should be trimming?
 

Nisa

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2004
1,286
0
0
#11
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
just one suggestion Beijing 101!
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#13
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
U can try hair transplant, I think about US$1 per hair... :devil:
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#17
Astin said:
U can try Photoshop, gaussian blur then unsharp mask, same effect one :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
wad kinda facial pic u showing? :bsmilie:
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#18
jsbn said:
Wah... So ex? :think:

Now u guys know where ya girlfriends and wife's money go to except clothes... Facials.... :D
& cos they dun bring anything back home we tot they nv spend so much... :eek:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#19
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
Got try take XO and rubba-rubba?

When u're desperate, anything goes. :bsmilie:
 

Nov 21, 2005
142
0
0
#20
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange... i think i lost my innocence & puberty... till now, i dun have pimples... kinda sad... only once in a blue moon got 1 pop up, but before i can squeeze it, it subside... :lovegrin:

anyway, i would like to grow some goatee or moustache, but seem like they dun grow that well, kinda uneven, any suggestions? and mine grow rather slow... tried shaving often also no use...
you're sad you don't have pimples?!?!! bishhh. :sticktong everyone's jealous la haha. how do you effectively squeeze pimples anyway? if you don't do it properly then you either get major scarring or it gets infected and your face becomes a mighty warzone. :sweat:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom