Faces from the Zoo series

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Was at the zoo today, and manage to get some pics of animals.....Appreciate any comments! Thanks!

The Stare (taken thru a glass enclosure)
27035334-M.jpg

Don't mess with me!
27034142-M.jpg

Growl
27035990-M.jpg

Whats in my mouth?
27033752-M.jpg

Close up
27033639-M.jpg

Mongoose
27035436-M.jpg

Ocelot
27041739-M.jpg

Lemur
27053648-M.jpg

Sad Lemur
27053977-M.jpg

Scann69 said:
Very nice series. Like the last picture the most. The expression is just superb. Great catch.

Thanks Scann69! The lemurs are quite interesting, and have a range of expressions!

Sharp man... The beauty of the fz10. Are all these shots "One shot one kill" or did you do a burst & choose the best? Just curious... :)

natnivek said:
Sharp man... The beauty of the fz10. Are all these shots "One shot one kill" or did you do a burst & choose the best? Just curious... :)

Thanks!

Did not do a burst but took quite a few, average 5 shots each.....
White tiger the most as it was continuously moving...hard to get a good sharp shot. Lion had several different poses....

tchuanye said:
Thanks!

Did not do a burst but took quite a few, average 5 shots each.....
White tiger the most as it was continuously moving...hard to get a good sharp shot. Lion had several different poses....

wah maybe if i ever wish to consider venturing more into serious photography with a bit of budgeting, i will consider this camera!!! but rite now my Fz5 serves me well enough

fuse said:
wah maybe if i ever wish to consider venturing more into serious photography with a bit of budgeting, i will consider this camera!!! but rite now my Fz5 serves me well enough

I don't see why the Fz5 cannot take such shots.... same x12 optical zoom, OIS, better venus engine II, 5 MP (can crop better) etc..... I think it can be done....don't underestimate your camera....... ;) Most of the shots are w/o flash, only the Lemurs had direct flash....

Yup... There's no reason that your cam can't take these pics... :) I was actually expecting the fz5 to perform better. Go for it!

tchuanye said:
I don't see why the Fz5 cannot take such shots.... same x12 optical zoom, OIS, better venus engine II, 5 MP (can crop better) etc..... I think it can be done....don't underestimate your camera....... ;) Most of the shots are w/o flash, only the Lemurs had direct flash....

agree that the technology that went into the FZ5 is all there but composing and expression is another matter. so far my attempts have been mediocre, nothing that I dare to show..heh heh.
it helps if all the gurus indicate how they took their shots..then us newbies can learn mah..:)

natnivek said:
Yup... There's no reason that your cam can't take these pics... :) I was actually expecting the fz5 to perform better. Go for it!

haha i will try to visit the zoo before my holidays ends
i tried some nature shots with my fz5 in bangkok, maybe u all can suggest how i can improve more. thanks!!!

yah i have lots more to discover with my camera!!!

I am new to wildlife shots too, I am just applying basic photo composition druing my cropping (all shots are cropped BTW), like 1/3 rule etc....read up articles that are on internet on composition etc....

A good basic site is:http://www.fodors.com/focus/
Another tip I learned from http://www.nyip.com/ is:
Step 1. Know your subject .
Step 2. Focus attention on your subject.
Step 3. Simplify

So for above:
Step 1: Subject is the face
Step 2: Crop out all distractions
Step 3: Achieved by Step 2.
or at least attempted to do that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.