Facebook Pictures: Noisy / Grainy

XavierShoot

Aug 2, 2009
Singapore, Aussie
Have you experience the pictures uploaded onto facebook being grainy or noisy recently? Does any bro understand what i mean?
Its perfectly find on computer
Original
5318361383_67f9a1f08d_z.jpg

FAcebook
36266_10150114418385520_646165519_7945020_4742692_n.

Facebook will resize your photos till jialat jialat so its actually not really recommended to upload pics on fb

Even if you personally resize your photos to 720x504 pixels, your pictures may still look pixelized after uploading onto Facebook. Tested and proven.

Even if you personally resize your photos to 720x504 pixels, your pictures may still look pixelized after uploading onto Facebook. Tested and proven.

I always resize before uploading. So far no problem. :dunno:

use flickr. the compression is better

There is an option to upload high resolution photos on FB these days

yah, but u read the waiting part? like 10 mins for normal resolutions but if u opt for the high res, u got to wait 20mins for upload. lol. Seems like they REALLY dun want u to upload high res at all.:bsmilie:

yah, but u read the waiting part? like 10 mins for normal resolutions but if u opt for the high res, u got to wait 20mins for upload. lol. Seems like they REALLY dun want u to upload high res at all.:bsmilie:

i upload high res is fast. but compression stlil sucks:angry:

i upload high res is fast. but compression stlil sucks:angry:

Agreed. Even on 'high res' the compression still significantly lowers the image quality. Tried uploading pictures taken during a concert dance performance, pixelization was bad. The original pictures didn't have the pixelization though.

Thank you very much, so the idea is to upload a smaller picture ba~ and less pixelated de=S thankss

Haha I guess it's find if you have time. Actually, I believe many users actually want to upload high res, and they are listening to these users' demands. Photo-sharing is such a big thing now on facebook and I'm sure people appreciate this upgrade despite the increase in upload time. In any case, there is the option to choose between normal res or high res so at least there's a choice. Hopefully, FB will improve on their compression methods! :)

Haha I guess it's find if you have time. Actually, I believe many users actually want to upload high res, and they are listening to these users' demands. Photo-sharing is such a big thing now on facebook and I'm sure people appreciate this upgrade despite the increase in upload time. In any case, there is the option to choose between normal res or high res so at least there's a choice. Hopefully, FB will improve on their compression methods! :)

m,aybe they can specify like, 5MB above is high resolution?

facebook is for social network, not for showcasing your works.

Exactly. There are plenty of sites where they mean to sell printing and the photos will look their best.

You should resize ur photos first before uploading, will look a whole lot better!

True. I've never had a problem.

the beauty about fb is that even your lousiest photo will appear like a masterpiece! :p