Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernLights

Dec 17, 2002
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Shot with 70-200 zoom lens.
514852716_23e80247e7_b.jpg

Shot with 15mm fisheye and converted to rectilinear with software PTLens.
516146213_b734c1a549_b.jpg

Also shot with 15mm fisheye and converted to rectilinear with software PTLens.
514865198_85b82bcadf_b.jpg

Thanks.

Spot metering. Metered 1 frame away from the sun because I wanted the sun to form a bright spot. Metered the stores on the ground as I wanted some details. Exposure taken 2/3 weighting to sky and 1/3 to store.

Settings are ISO 100, 1/800s, f8. No filter...the fisheye lens generally has high contrast. I was just amazed how it handled shooting straight into the sun and exhibited no flare.

Subject matter: for the day's shoot, I wanted to use the interesting lanterns over my head to form the main subject matter. With the fisheye, the top of surrounding buildings and stores on the ground became the 'frame' for the lanterns with the all round fisheye effect The sunlight also shone through the lanterns creating bright looking lanterns.

For the pure fish eye shot, I am wondering how you can have the umbrellas and the shop houses so well lighted yet the sky is not washed out.
So you are using the Nikon fish eye?I like the composition.

For the pure fish eye shot, I am wondering how you can have the umbrellas and the shop houses so well lighted yet the sky is not washed out.
So you are using the Nikon fish eye?I like the composition.

I spot metered both and used a ratio of more weighting on the sky. It is so sunny that the stalls were quite bright, else, slave flashes might be needed at the base of those stalls..:bsmilie:

I am using a 5D...and the Canon fisheye.

What made you think it has to be nikon?:bsmilie:

I spot metered both and used a ratio of more weighting on the sky. It is so sunny that the stalls were quite bright, else, slave flashes might be needed at the base of those stalls..:bsmilie:

I am using a 5D...and the Canon fisheye.

What made you think it has to be nikon?:bsmilie:

My ignorance. Just went into your site.
What can I say?. My jaw drop when I saw your work..:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.