Fabrication of adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradigm

Aug 12, 2004
Hi guys,

just wanna check if anyone knows of any companies that does fabrication of adaptors for cameras? I am thinking of making an adaptor for my telescope to my camera but am looking at someone who is skilled in using aluminium alloy.

Will post photos once I can get it done :)

Thanks!

Hi ...
What camera ? most people just get a SLR mount to T mount
and the T mount will just mount on to the Telescope...

Custom fabrication of adapters will cost more than mass produced stuff
unless you have very specific needs that cannot be satisfied by
the normal route..

Yup I think you should mention what camera you are using. There may already be a solution for you. I'm sure members here will be able to help if given the right information.

A. You will need a T-mount adapter to your Camera.

B. You will need a Camera Adapter to your Telescope (either 1.25 in or 2 in type, depending on your telescope, of course you can have the 0.96in type, but that is no point, in humble opinion)

C. You will need to Mount your Camera Adapter to the T-mount adapter.

:D

So, which camera are you using?

ratboy said:
Hi ...
What camera ? most people just get a SLR mount to T mount
and the T mount will just mount on to the Telescope...

Custom fabrication of adapters will cost more than mass produced stuff
unless you have very specific needs that cannot be satisfied by
the normal route..

Not true ..... T-mount mount itself onto a Camera adapter for Telescope ... The T-mount would not be able to mount onto a Telescope directly, unless of course you are using a MCT or a SCT.

have consider all those ...

just that mine is Panasonic FZ 10 ... dun think that Astro Scientific Centre has any of those adaptors ... I have a Canon camera with T-ring and radial guider but wanted to try digital ... so trying to custom make an adaptor ...

Surprised that there are people who are familiar w telescopes in this forum ... given that the Astronomy community in Singapore is somewhat small ...

emailed Samuel and the cost is $215/-

well, everything about Astronomy is astronomical, including the cost ;p

Well still on the lookout for people who can fabricate to my specifications. Think that it is cheaper .... I already got my own design ...

paradigm said:
emailed Samuel and the cost is $215/-

well, everything about Astronomy is astronomical, including the cost ;p

Well still on the lookout for people who can fabricate to my specifications. Think that it is cheaper .... I already got my own design ...

Fabricate your own design is even more expensive. The person who do it for you will want some cut as well, anyway, since the FZ10 is a 37mm filter threading system (I think), I thing what you can do is to get a reverse 37mm thread to tmount (Sold by Samuel too, I think), then mount your camera adapter onto it lor ..... that will be the simplest. :D

get creative, use filters ( with the glass taken out ? ) for mounting
to your camera's len.. use PVC pipes + couplers + epoxy to make a mount on the other end to mount to the scope...

I'm sure you can come up with something really cheap n workable...

I've seen pics of people just holding the camera to the eyepiece
n those were already impressive ...

holding camera at eyepiece doesn't cut. if the lens is bigger than the eyepiece, u will just see the image in the center and unfocused eyepiece, diagonals, focusers at the edges. even if the lens is small enuff, proper holding is required.

i'm not exactly sure which solution samuel quoted paradigm, but 215 is a fair price to pay since the camera he uses have a rather large filter size of 37mm.

now back to the point of fabricating an adapter, how do u intend to mount the camera. if ur idea of mounting the camera directly to the scope does not use an eyepiece, drop the idea. u will be photographing the interiors of the scope, baffles, etc.

an eyepiece solution may work, but do remember the 37mm size, u will be needing a massive eyepiece to do the job.

anyway, gd luck, do drop by the singastro forums when u are free.

~MooEy~

Status
Not open for further replies.