FA Limiteds discontinued?

does it matter either way?

its normal that companies discontinue products once in awhile, as long as its replaced by newer, better products.

to that, i'll adopt a wait and see attitude. no point getting worried or making a beeline for the shop to buy up the last remaining FA Ltd lenses.

what if the replacement DA-Ltd or DA-Star is far superior? ;)

does it matter either way?

its normal that companies discontinue products once in awhile, as long as its replaced by newer, better products.

to that, i'll adopt a wait and see attitude. no point getting worried or making a beeline for the shop to buy up the last remaining FA Ltd lenses.

what if the replacement DA-Ltd or DA-Star is far superior? ;)

but FA limiteds... they're the most beautiful things in the planet... :lovegrin:

As long as they replace them with an F2 or faster lens.

Why do you believe the as yet unsubstantiated comments from a retired German user?
Remember this guy?

images

2005110317351653c86.jpg

Why do you believe the as yet unsubstantiated comments from a retired German user?
Remember this guy?

images

2005110317351653c86.jpg

aiyah, forum mah... half truth, gossips, rumours are all par for course here.

It would really be a great pity if they stop making the FA Limiteds. Perhaps to signal a total commitment to APS-C?

The discontinuation of the FA limiteds is a sure path one day. They have been in production long enough I guess and the FA designationreally meant "film" use. But think about it, most of the world's greatest lenses are discontinued... d:

Its sad when they trim the line but most forget that inspite of the "For The People" approach, they are relatively small and still need to make money to thrive. Hence between catering to the masses and satisfying the much smaller demand for FA lenses, its an obvious choice. If they had the kind of money like C, they can afford to build and sustain a wider range of different product lines.
Based on their limitations, its best for them to focus on their niche areas and it seems they are scoring alot more points with the entry level and mid range APS-C sensor cameras. They have earned enough to divest to the 645 but I think at the end they also do not want to overstretch themselves too much. Without investing in costly new factories, they will have to retool their existing production lines to focus on faster moving products which in this case are the D lenses.
I think there should be sufficient ex-stock out there to cater to near term demand but who knows, maybe if their market share grows more, they can afford to relook at the FA segment. :)

Actually discontinued or not, it should not really affect current Pentax users. Why? If you want them, you may get them now. If you don't quite have the intention of getting them, so what if they are discontinued? But of cos, sometimes many a times one wouldn't feel the pain until something is lost.

About time they lived up to their Limited namesake. ;p

Now, if only the DA Limiteds were a stop or two faster...

Like some of the seniors said the FA's were made for film as light can fall any direction on film to expose it .

For digital sensors , pentax created the DA's where the lens projects the light perpendicular to the sensor so as to properly expose ...

Like some of the seniors said the FA's were made for film as light can fall any direction on film to expose it .

For digital sensors , pentax created the DA's where the lens projects the light perpendicular to the sensor so as to properly expose ...

In theory yes. In reality, I've not seen any old lens that is bad on digital.

I just received news that HOYA is certainly not discontinuing FA Limiteds!

I just received news that HOYA is certainly not discontinuing FA Limiteds!

Good news bro,so going for the 3 little princess again or maybe
u already got them..;)