FA 100mm f3.5 I've got from Boopoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Guys, my first macro lens and really love it. :heart: :lovegrin:

Immediately convince my wife to make a trip to SBG. Though this flower is almost withering, I thought the handheld shot from an untrained hand still showed what this lens is capable of.

** Can't seem to get the page to show the flower, I have attached the link here - http://picasaweb.google.com/bernard.yeo/BotanicGardens02032007/photo#5077055289628280082

Snowywolf

Apr 21, 2007
westeries...
Here bro. Nice shot btw:)

very good effort!!..

hmm... is the flash a bit on the harsh?
i am not too sure.. i think the petal's texture would come out nicer if taken from a slightly different plane..the focus is on the green part of the plant sticking out?

wooooo... another one with a macro lens..:eek:
when am i getting mine?!?!?!:sticktong

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
very good effort!!..

i am not too sure.. i think the petal's texture would come out nicer if taken from a slightly different plane..the focus is on the green part of the plant sticking out?

Not easy to take white flowers cause they reflects light a lot. So this shot is good as you see details of the petals. Normally I would underexpose it by a bit & correct the exposure on PC.;)

boopoo

Apr 20, 2004
Hope you enjoy it play one time only lost 45 buck:cry: selling cause do not want to keep so many pentax len, now confuse to sell my nikon system buy another k10 or just to keep 3 lenes for pentax actual 5 .18-55,50-200,501.7,28-70 3.9-5.6A tokina,70-210 4-5.6 tokinaA very sharp len too bought at cathey .Still love my fuju S2 color on protrait ,maybe just to keep a few protrait len willl do:)

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Hope you enjoy it play one time only lost 45 buck:cry: selling cause do not want to keep so many pentax len, now confuse to sell my nikon system buy another k10 or just to keep 3 lenes for pentax actual 5 .18-55,50-200,501.7,28-70 3.9-5.6A tokina,70-210 4-5.6 tokinaA very sharp len too bought at cathey .Still love my fuju S2 color on protrait ,maybe just to keep a few protrait len willl do:)
Thanks, Bro. I was just about to purchase the Tamron 90mm as I always go around hunting for macros to shoot. But your offer came along, and so I snapped it up.

Good enough for an amateur like me!

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Not easy to take white flowers cause they reflects light a lot. So this shot is good as you see details of the petals. Normally I would underexpose it by a bit & correct the exposure on PC.;)
Actually I didn't take it with Flash, and I guess Longko's remarks should be why it feels that overexpose.

Thanks, guys. I will heed your advise the next time round. ;)

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
very good effort!!..

Get one, man! There shd be good offers around. There's one 90mm Tamron on sale now in the buy / sell forum. Check it out!

Snowywolf

Apr 21, 2007
westeries...
Get one, man! There shd be good offers around. There's one 90mm Tamron on sale now in the buy / sell forum. Check it out!
hehehehe... i know...
but it's not the 90DI that i used.. hehehehe...

*pulls hair*

stop tempting me you guys out there..

*hands up in the air*

i wish santa would put a tamron macro len in my stockings tonite.. okies okies.. this christmas..
i know i'll get it if i wish hard enuff...

*wishes HARD*

Snowywolf

Apr 21, 2007
westeries...
yupz!! tokina is very sharp.. i agree.. hehe..
u gona sell ur 50, 1.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom