F828 : Maintaining the JEDI FORCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
The is the recent record of Sony F828 users activities for the past few months.
Apparently, the temptation of upgrading th DSLR are great (the Dark Side is strong)

So, would you stick to F828 for a year or two. Or will upgrade very soon.
How would you all view F828 in your own opinions?

Jedi almost turn to the dark side, but return to the Light
Rexus

New Jedi

Holeinone

Awaiting to join the Jedi
bennymy
roidan

Unknown Jedi Status
Weslim78

Fallen Jedi, turining to the Dark side

Bernard
KCBox
ratboy
kasen
toddy
Dino
Munfai

Why my name is up there??? hahah....

Anyway, my reason that have tempt me to go over is the flexibility to change lense in the DSLR and be more 'creative' such as using fisheye lense and things like that. However, after some consideration, this are my reason for keeping my F828 for the time being:

1. Cost. I have to fork out much more cash to buy maintain all this equipment.

2. Frequency. With such cost involved, will you use all the lenses you buy everytime you go out? Generally, most DSLR user then to stick to their 'favourite' multipurpose lense then to use the so call prime lenses, which come back to square one...Sony F828 28-200mm at F2-F2.8 is great!

3. Magnification factor. This is the ultimate reason for me to stay away for the time being, I love wide angle shoots, but currently with the magification factor of 1.5-1.6x has proved to me that a good lenses may prove useless. To make up for 28mm in a Sony, u will need 17mm to 20mm lenses (almost fisheye) which may cost a lot more to perform the same.

4. Weight. I love to travel light with great flexibility.

Yeah. Quite a funny thread. You are really spending quite a bit of time doing stuff like that. Have you been using your F828? :D

they even track fallen jedi.... canon prosumer do that.... siao liao... 200 posts long

Aiya, how come my name is there?

U keeping track of the buy n sell forums?

BTW, just got my F828 yesterday. Quite a bit heavier than my current F717, but love the 28mm capability.

shutterfly said:
Yeah. Quite a funny thread. You are really spending quite a bit of time doing stuff like that. Have you been using your F828? :D

Funny thread you say, :angry: I believe a lot of us have experience this before.
Have been using my F828 every week.
Aside this, I would explore other areas as well, like the users itself on the mindset, mind thinking, decision making on camera and accessories.

bennyymy said:
Aiya, how come my name is there?

U keeping track of the buy n sell forums?

BTW, just got my F828 yesterday. Quite a bit heavier than my current F717, but love the 28mm capability.

Hi Benny
Not on the purpose of keep tracking you lah.
Sorry If I buy your name there. :sweat:
It happen my army buddy wanna to buy second hand F828, so I help him to check of the Buy and Selll Forum, and found so many ppl sell their F828 abd upgrade to DSLR.
So, I post up this thread to wondering why so many ppl give up F828 when the camera is so good.

BTW, congralution to your purchase of F828 and welcome to the family. :)

You are doign a splendid job!!! ...salute u. ;)

King Tiger said:
Funny thread you say, :angry: I believe a lot of us have experience this before.
Aside this, I would explore other areas as well, like the users itself on the mindset, mind thinking, decision making on camera and accessories.

King Tiger said:

You are one interesting user. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Btw, zekai also said funny but you din react. :angry:

shutterfly said:

Actually, if you've been surfing clubsnap for long enough, ever so often such a person appears:

(1)Buys expensive digicam. Thinks 'I don't need DSLR, digicam good enough for me!' But pictures are lousy.
(2) Thinks the solution must be to get a DSLR!
(3) However, person has buyers regret since the digicam was so expensive
(4) Spends all night and day thinking about DSLR and how a DSLR can improve his lousy photographs and posts many messages to clubsnap about DSLRs vs digicams etc.
(5) In the meantime, suffers 'shutter paralysis syndrome' - unable to press shutter release on inferior digicam while thinking about DSLR. (of course digicam technically no shutter release but i think the syndrome is the same)
(6) Posts "WTS: 1 month old digicam...."
(7) Buys DSLR
(8) But pictures still lousy

I'm not kidding. Do a search and see. It has happened a few times. Post after post after post until he buys the DSLR.

rexus said:
Why my name is up there??? hahah....

Anyway, my reason that have tempt me to go over is the flexibility to change lense in the DSLR and be more 'creative' such as using fisheye lense and things like that. However, after some consideration, this are my reason for keeping my F828 for the time being:

1. Cost. I have to fork out much more cash to buy maintain all this equipment.

2. Frequency. With such cost involved, will you use all the lenses you buy everytime you go out? Generally, most DSLR user then to stick to their 'favourite' multipurpose lense then to use the so call prime lenses, which come back to square one...Sony F828 28-200mm at F2-F2.8 is great!

3. Magnification factor. This is the ultimate reason for me to stay away for the time being, I love wide angle shoots, but currently with the magification factor of 1.5-1.6x has proved to me that a good lenses may prove useless. To make up for 28mm in a Sony, u will need 17mm to 20mm lenses (almost fisheye) which may cost a lot more to perform the same.

4. Weight. I love to travel light with great flexibility.

Hi Rexus

Sorry, Paisei paisei :sweat: , for puting your name here.

Actually I share the same feeling and conclusion with you.

shutterfly said:
You are one interesting user. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Btw, zekai also said funny but you din react. :angry:

Hi Shutterfly

Paisei paisei.
I think I click the wrong logo :angry: , no offence hor, just a forum discussion. :bsmilie:

Btw, you using Sony or Nikon?

let me share, i started as a sony f505V user. The predecessor of 828.... LOLz

erwinx said:
Actually, if you've been surfing clubsnap for long enough, ever so often such a person appears:
(1)Buys expensive digicam. Thinks 'I don't need DSLR, digicam good enough for me!' But pictures are lousy.
(2) Thinks the solution must be to get a DSLR!
(3) However, person has buyers regret since the digicam was so expensive
(4) Spends all night and day thinking about DSLR and how a DSLR can improve his lousy photographs and posts many messages to clubsnap about DSLRs vs digicams etc.
(5) In the meantime, suffers 'shutter paralysis syndrome' - unable to press shutter release on inferior digicam while thinking about DSLR. (of course digicam technically no shutter release but i think the syndrome is the same)
(6) Posts "WTS: 1 month old digicam...."
(7) Buys DSLR
(8) But pictures still lousy
I'm not kidding. Do a search and see. It has happened a few times. Post after post after post until he buys the DSLR.

Erwinx
You are almost 100% right, I agree with you.
This syndrome is tempting, disturbing, and tiring and may cause wrong decision making on camera purchase.

King Tiger said:
Funny thread you say :nono:

It happen to everyone, who dun want to posses the best equipment gear as long as one could afford.

ermm, you may want to rephrase that. i cannot really decipher what you are trying to convey with that statement.

king tiger said:
Fallen Jedi, turning to the Dark side
Bernard
KCBox
ratboy
kasen
toddy
Dino
Munfai

this is the best part!hehehe :bsmilie:

on a more serious note , dslr is ok, as long as u know what u r doing n u know wat u want. , and soem wehre down the road, dslr will be a part of your identity, for thsoe who have converted. and u will love it. so may the force be wif u! :)

zekai said:
ermm, you may want to rephrase that. i cannot really decipher what you are trying to convey with that statement.

Oh sorry what I mean is if the person have $$$ like $2~3K, he would usually buy the most expensive camera he can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.