F828 lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyboy

Jul 26, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
i lost my F828's lens hood while shooting at the jurong birdpark. i went to sony's F828 accessories website but didn't see it as an accessory for sale. anyone knows where can i get one or a non-sony one that would fit a 58mm lens? are all lens hoods the same or do i have to get one made specifically for the F828? grateful for any advice. thanks.

artyboy said:
i lost my F828's lens hood while shooting at the jurong birdpark. i went to sony's F828 accessories website but didn't see it as an accessory for sale. anyone knows where can i get one or a non-sony one that would fit a 58mm lens? are all lens hoods the same or do i have to get one made specifically for the F828? grateful for any advice. thanks.

Artboy, Sony website do not sell F828's len hood.
But they do sell another type of 58 mm len hood which is partial identical to F828's len hood.
But it is very expensive, cost about $100 for this plastic.

I am not sure, but alternatively, you may want to see is there any 58 mm hood outside the market.

To all other Sony brothers, do you all have any other lobang, please help artboy.

NOTE!!!

DO NOT BUY THE LENS HOOD SEEN ON SONY'S SITE!!!

COS THE LENS HOOD IS FOR F707 or F717...

i have F717 before, den i thought the lens hood can use back, since the lens hood i bought very ex... den the lens hood got a better shape... but it can't be used on the F828... different mount... even the adapter dun fit.

for the 58mm hood, there is the rubber or the screw in kind on sale at CP or other places... heard quite cheap, below 20bucks... some got ridiculous price of below 10... but i never bought 1 before.

You mean you can't order one from the Sony service centre? I am sure they have spare parts for sale right? I bought a lens cap there before.

Kingtiger - many thanks. i can see you one of the most active and helpful
forum posters here. think you shld be a moderator or some sort
of team leader for us Sony guys here :thumbsup:

thanks to all who replied. think the last resort is for me to call sony service centre. i shld have gone back to the waterfall area to look for the lens hood but on that day i was not in a particularly good mood bearing in mind that it was close to closing time too. thanks guys!

holeinone said:
You mean you can't order one from the Sony service centre? I am sure they have spare parts for sale right? I bought a lens cap there before.

Oh, they should be able to order the spare part from the service centre if they don't have one. all u need to to is to send them a email and they will give u a quote. I got a lens cap STRAP from them too. It wasn't in the package!! I was still thinking if i had drop it when i check the package while i purchase my f828 then...haiz..one lense cap strap ...$10!!!!! darn,,no sony brand name on it somemore. Feel that my hair is a little bit green.

Sony juz replied my email, quoted $13.60 (GST inclusive) for a new lens hood which takes about 1 month to arrive upon ordering. quoted price seems quite reasonable - thats the price i pay for being too moody & lazy to walk from the jurong birdpark entrance back to the waterfall to retrieve it! :embrass:
thanks guys.

yup, it can be deemed cheap even for a plastic thingey, becos i know Nikon accessories are damn ex!
u mean the padded sony strap with a small pouch batt/CF card holder?
how much is it and is it worth getting? thanks.

artyboy said:
Kingtiger - many thanks. i can see you one of the most active and helpful forum posters here. think you shld be a moderator or some sort of team leader for us Sony guys here :thumbsup:

Hi Artboy, thanks for your compliments
I believe we should share knowledge and information with other users in an open mind, it is also good deed to help one another whatever we can.
Since joining clunsnap in May, a few CS users also have help me along the way, saving me a lot of $$$, on where to get good lobang, photography skill and others.

sorry for not replying in time, was at my bro's place over the weekend.

Del CtrNoAlt - do you mean this? - "STP-SA Shoulder Strap" (wide shoulder strap with a mini pouch for storing spare batt/memcard)? if so, i'll check with Sony. thanks.

KingTiger - yup we benefit from sharing with each other. you're one of the most helpful among the many who are also helpful in giving advice and tips. cheers to you Chief!

hmm.. seems like i emailed the wrong Sony dept, they said have to check the strap's availability from the below dealers. i called 2 of them and was told the strap is not sold in Singapore (only in Japan) and dun seem like they will order for you. sorry guys, seems like the local Sony don't think it will sell well over here.

Sony Gallery (Wisma) 435 Orchard Road, 67331876 67374860
(Inside Orchard ISETAN) #04-01 Wisma Atria
Singapore 238877
(Operating hours: 10a.m. - 9.30p.m.)

Sony Gallery (Bugis) 200 Victoria Street 68370646 68373842
#01-58/59 Parco Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
(Operating hours: 10.30a.m. -
9.30p.m.)

Sony Gallery (IMM) 2 Jurong East Street 21 65669212 65669729
#01-23/24/25 IMM Building
Singapore 609601
(Operation Hours : 10 a.m – 10 p.m)

List of Sony Square

Radio Junction Pte Ltd 218 Orchard Road 62359979 67329973 #03-08 Orchard Emerald

V3 Audio Video Pte Ltd 1 Rochor Canal Road 63391198 63390543
#03-71/72 Sim Lim Square
Singapore 188504

Juzz1 (S) Pte Ltd 109 North Bridge Road 63391110 63382285
#03-02/05
Funan The IT Mall
Singapore 179097

Woodlands Domestic Blk 727, Clementi West St 2 67788980 67777342
#01-260

Errr...the Sony service centre is located at Haw Par Techno Centre and is none of the above. This is the contact i got previously.

email: Icare.Services@ap.sony.com
> Address : Sony Electronics (S) Pte Ltd
> 401 Commonwealth Drive
> #01-03 Haw Par Technocentre
> Singapore 149598
> Spare Parts Dept.

yup i emailed the same email address u quoted, the one at Commonwealth. i was told to contact those Sony authorised dealers but was told the strap is not in stock in Singapore, need to order from Japan. and they don't seem to sound too keen to order for you too :(

OT a bit.

I have also do a checking with Sony about the strap, however, they will not be selling the strap on the 3rd quarter of 2004.
Asking them will the stock come in from Japan, they say not stock status. :angry:

Anyway, I think I will go for Optech strap, like what snowspeeder have said before, good quality, cheap ($25 compare to about $60 Sony Strap), durable, washable.

Status
Not open for further replies.