F707

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Schumy

Hi all!

I am new to DC and want to buy the sony F707 or P5. Any brothers and sisters have any comments or anyone had used it before? Any information will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

;)

Hi Schumy,

It's a good camera except for the dummy hot shoe, disney color and memory stick. :)

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi Schumy,

It's a good camera except for the dummy hot shoe, disney color and memory stick. :)

Sorry! What you mean by dummy hot shoe and disney color?
You mean the F707 or P5 is a good camera?

Thanks

Regards

Oh sorry... cos ur topic is F707, so I was referring to the 707. Disney color... erm.. meaning the F707's colors are not as natural when compare to other makes. The hot shoe is dummy as it does not have the sync contacts, so a 3rd party flash won't work by just mounting on the hot shoe.

The "disney colour" can either be good or bad. However, don't let that affect your purchase. If u prefer more "natural" colours, a simple auto levels tweak in ps would do the trick.

Normally, I would leave the pic as it is as it looks more appealing to the eye.

maybe his 'disney colours' refer to the colour of the camera's exteral casing?

Originally posted by AMDer
maybe his 'disney colours' refer to the colour of the camera's exteral casing?

Nope. Disney colour refers to oversaturated colours. :)

Dinsey colour - over saturated colour. but can easily adjust by photoshop

Dummy hotshoe - mean u must use Sony external flash and not other brand one. which is damn expensive ($170)

alternatively, u can consider the custom made slave flash that i will be ordering (u cannot get it else where) and it works with F707. It is cheap ($90) & powerful (GN: 40m).

Refer to this thread and send me a PM if you are interested.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2233

Expensive Memory stick!! that's what i hate most, the free 16MB MS that they give u is almost useless, u can either throw away or give me :p

But other than all these, F707 is one of the best prosumer Digital camera. It is great for night shot and close up.

Originally posted by Zoomer
The "disney colour" can either be good or bad. However, don't let that affect your purchase. If u prefer more "natural" colours, a simple auto levels tweak in ps would do the trick.

Normally, I would leave the pic as it is as it looks more appealing to the eye.

Nope, if your colours clip, that's it. You lose detail (so much for the Cow Sai lens), and also, you don't use auto levels; you have to do some serious surgery in PS, and it's time consuming.

Originally posted by kamwai
Dinsey colour - over saturated colour. but can easily adjust by photoshop

Dummy hotshoe - mean u must use Sony external flash and not other brand one. which is damn expensive ($170)

alternatively, u can consider the custom made slave flash that i will be ordering (u cannot get it else where) and it works with F707. It is cheap ($90) & powerful (GN: 40m).

Refer to this thread and send me a PM if you are interested.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2233

Expensive Memory stick!! that's what i hate most, the free 16MB MS that they give u is almost useless, u can either throw away or give me :p

But other than all these, F707 is one of the best prosumer Digital camera. It is great for night shot and close up.

How much do you pay for yr f707 and where do get it from?

Thanks

Originally posted by Schumy

How much do you pay for yr f707 and where do get it from?

Thanks

1650 (GST inclusive) @ Cathay Photo Marina in Nov 2001

but do check out other shops for the lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.