F707 for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
For a newbie who wants a digi-cam for the cool factor (using 2 hands to hold camera) and wants compactability.

Is the 707 advised?

If u don't use 2 hands to hold the 707, you'll better be using a tripod. :D

Be aware of the some problems tho, such as the Blue flash syndrome. But I believe many of these are fixed. Try out the camera and try the zoom controls (Rocker switch) it provide and see if it fit your intended use or would you prefer a manual zoom ring. Learn some hand hold techniques by reading and trying out or ask the old birds. Helps greatly in auto focus and sharp images.

But if you wanna cool factor, I guess it's good. The Night frame and Night shot along with the EVF adds to the cool factor (personally, I find it odd to shoot with the LCD unless I'm using a tripod with cable release). And....... It's a Sony.

P/s: Sony appears to appeal to a lot of consumers. At the culture fair in my school last weekend, I saw 3 sony cameras, one F707 from my school, And FD88 which I managed to get my hands on for a while to help the school with some shots and another camera I don't recognise. I'm the lone freak with a Minolta and a big flash, which someone mistaken as a film camera. Another guy(hired photographer) was using a Eos-1 SLR... *Drool*

Pp/s: I personally feel that a manual zoom is easier to manipulate compared to those slide switch on many sony camera. Dun know about 707's rocker though

Originally posted by Flare
Be aware of the some problems tho, such as the Blue flash syndrome. But I believe many of these are fixed. Try out the camera and try the zoom controls (Rocker switch) it provide and see if it fit your intended use or would you prefer a manual zoom ring. Learn some hand hold techniques by reading and trying out or ask the old birds. Helps greatly in auto focus and sharp images.

I thought only a certain batch of F-707 is affected by this problem???

Anyway, the new batches should have 'patched' that already.

Originally posted by Jayan

I thought only a certain batch of F-707 is affected by this problem???

Anyway, the new batches should have 'patched' that already.

Yup you are correct. I notice that I can get blue flash syndrome on my D5 as well. If I set the WB to tungstan/incandescant, then shoot using the flash. I get blue flash syndrome. Apparently the compensation for indescasent which blues the image to remove the yellow cast blues the white light from the flash. Hee Hee. But well, I guess you are not suppose to do that. Hee Hee.

Status
Not open for further replies.