F707,717,828 good for candid and streetshooting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luv_dance

Hi,

I am deciding whether to get the 707,717 or 828 for candid and streetshoot.

Are they good for shooting from the waist ?

Will people realise that you are shooting them when u point the len at them at waist level.

Is it good for low lite shoot without tripod ?

Thanks

sony digicam with nightframing function are good for taking low light shots without tripod....

I using a 717 and so my comments might be bias. I find it among the most comfortable camera to hold at waist lvl, coz the whole body sivels.

Only top of that, it's bulkyness is more often a pro then a con for street shoot. You really do not want to take a small camera as people might mistaken you to be taking "voyeger shots" <---not sure how to spell it.

To add on to that, 717 is among the most professional looking proconsumer cams around and adds to the lvl of reassurace to the subject should he take notice.

Of course there would be people who says a DSLR with 75-300mm L lens takes better street shots. I not going to dispute that but it's all going to depends on you budget.

btw if you're interested, here's a series of street shot i took 3 months back with my 717.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288782407
Not very good coz i'm still a newbie myself.

If you like New Products, New Box, New style, New Version and High Pix. Get F828. If you needed for candid and streetshoot, than get F717. The Best all Time. ;)

no, get a DSLR and learn to shoot from waist level..

using the 717 to focus is a pain in the arse... by the time i focus my subject run away already...

Poon said:
I using a 717 and so my comments might be bias. I find it among the most comfortable camera to hold at waist lvl, coz the whole body sivels.

Only top of that, it's bulkyness is more often a pro then a con for street shoot. You really do not want to take a small camera as people might mistaken you to be taking "voyeger shots" <---not sure how to spell it.

To add on to that, 717 is among the most professional looking proconsumer cams around and adds to the lvl of reassurace to the subject should he take notice.

Of course there would be people who says a DSLR with 75-300mm L lens takes better street shots. I not going to dispute that but it's all going to depends on you budget.

btw if you're interested, here's a series of street shot i took 3 months back with my 717.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288782407
Not very good coz i'm still a newbie myself.

IMHO, I would like to use a DC for street shoot. quiet, small and compact, unassuming definitely.

PS: Poon, there's no 75-300L.. only 35-300L :)

Poon said:
really depends on your budget.

to me it doesnt really matter, not because i have too much money, rather it;s because if i think this camera is good, then i will work towards the camera. performance matters.
like if 717 is better than 828 i will work towards it or vice versa.
the 3 cameras i have short listed for my next cam is easily a few hundred dollars the retail price of my current cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.