F30 got no charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraterz

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
I saw from the reviews the F30 got no external charger? Need to put battery in cam and charge? To me this will be a deal breaker. Can we get external charger? I dun want to leave the cam out of the dry box every time I need to charge specially here in Singapore. Fungus colonies will start in a while!

How many P&S digitals that use proprietary batteries come with an external charger ? Are you saying that the capabilities of the camera are not as crucial as having that all-important external charger ?

dont worry abt charging ur F30 battery often, I've only charged it once and been using it for a month with 500+ shots oredi, and no sign of weakening :thumbsup:

In the beginning of digital cameras (think like 1998/1999), most digital cameras dont have external chargers, that time that was the norm.

F30 Optional accessories:
F30_0006.jpg

Battery charger BC-65S may not be available ex-stock.

F10 and F11 are also no-ext charger cams ...

so charge ur batt and extra batts b4 any shoots ...

ericp said:
How many P&S digitals that use proprietary batteries come with an external charger ? Are you saying that the capabilities of the camera are not as crucial as having that all-important external charger ?
How many P&S you seen? Most canon P&S like the S80 comes with charger. Otherwise they use AA's and you can use any 3rd party charger. I will NOT leave my cam out of the dry box. Call me paranoid but my old canon A40 got fungus in the lens and I am extra careful these days.
It maynot be too important to have ext. charger but small features like that add up. I mean just look at the nokia phones. USB cable, got to buy. Headset, got to buy. etc etc. But sony ericsson, everything comes bundled, and price is same or lower than nokia. It only shows how much thought the company put into the product.

Hi to all

SDV sells a charger with various plates that fit onto a base charger that costs about $28 (?) PLUS a plate. These plates will fit a variety of batteries and will cost $5 each.

The F11's battery, the NP120 is 52x34x10 mm. The SDV has a plate for that size. What are dimensions of the F30 battery? Perhaps it can fit if it's same size or smaller.

You can try out the other plates. One such shop is Edison Electronics, just in front of the ground floor lift at SLS.

Cheers

really impressed by the stamina of F30 batt. Able to shoot 698 pics (i seldom use flash) before the batt out of juice... :thumbsup: impressed !!

I got one question...
:dunno:
Is it advisable to charge the battery before it flat? Is it ok if we charge it when it still left maybe 30% power? Will it affect the performance of battery ??:think:

DaXiong said:
really impressed by the stamina of F30 batt. Able to shoot 698 pics (i seldom use flash) before the batt out of juice... :thumbsup: impressed !!

I got one question...
:dunno:
Is it advisable to charge the battery before it flat? Is it ok if we charge it when it still left maybe 30% power? Will it affect the performance of battery ??:think:

Li ion batts thrive on repeat chargings, has no memory-effect issues, hence we can charge at any time, even at 80%. Though (must) try not to let it drained till flat (or '0'%) as it may not be able to be charged back up.

For more details, read here:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

micah4 said:
Li ion batts thrive on repeat chargings, has no memory-effect issues, hence we can charge at any time, even at 80%. Though (must) try not to let it drained till flat (or '0'%) as it may not be able to be charged back up.

For more details, read here:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

really? Thanks, Micah4.... i tot must make it flat flat then charge is better.. haha.... Thanks for ur correction... ;)

DaXiong said:
really? Thanks, Micah4.... i tot must make it flat flat then charge is better.. haha.... Thanks for ur correction... ;)

u're welcome. With nimh and nicads, it's best to use up the batts' charges before charging, but li ion is a different animal altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.