f2.8 Test shots comparison - comments and help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
I am here again to share 2 shots that I took, with different shuttle speeds, effect are different.

Please help to comment on which one do you think is a better shot.

Personally, I like the second photo better.

MtFaberflower01.jpg

Mt Faber flower 01
------------------
Shuttle Speed 1/250 sec
Aperture Value F2.8
ISO 50
Focal Length 30.8mm

-------------------------------------------------------------------
MtFaberflower02.jpg

Mt Faber flower 02------------------
Shuttle Speed 1/125 sec
Aperture Value F2.8
ISO 50
Focal Length 30.8mm

This is another flower shot...

MtFaberflower03.jpg

Mt Faber flower 03
==============
Shuttle Speed 1/60 sec
Aperture Value F2.8
ISO 50
Focal Length 53mm

What is your WB setting ?
In a normal day with sun, WB should always be "Sunlight" and ISO is 100 and shuttle speed should be 1/125. Set you EV to -1/66.
The color should came out correctly. I've tried it and the color should be accurate. The auto WB should be a bit on the red side.
If you are using ISO50, the shuttle speed should remain at 1/125 but the f-stop should be at F3.3 or F4. This will give you a more accurate color. :)

awongkk said:
What is your WB setting ?
In a normal day with sun, WB should always be "Sunlight" and ISO is 100 and shuttle speed should be 1/125. Set you EV to -1/66.
The color should came out correctly. I've tried it and the color should be accurate. The auto WB should be a bit on the red side.
If you are using ISO50, the shuttle speed should remain at 1/125 but the f-stop should be at F3.3 or F4. This will give you a more accurate color. :)

The WB setting is sunlight. :)

I read through the Dec 2004 issue of 'Practical Photography', it is stated: "The success of selective focusing is dependent on the chosen aperture, the focal length and the distance between you and the subject...[pg.16, "Isolate your subject"]"

Seems like there is no hard and fast rule though.... :dunno:

yeap, I normally use f4 under "sunlight" and iso100 (AP mode).

frankly, i find that the first shot is better coz in the second shot, the bokeh at the background is more distracting, taking the eye away from ur subject...

djchris said:
frankly, i find that the first shot is better coz in the second shot, the bokeh at the background is more distracting, taking the eye away from ur subject...

Ohhh...ok. Thanks for giving me your opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.