F11 - High Speed shooting setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Apr 2, 2005
picked up my F11 today. Manual says High-Speed Shotting mode reduces time it takes for focussing when press button halfway. It suggest higher IsO that will result in speckling, but does not affect photo. Pg 59 of manual.

F11 owners know what this means?

Shld i turn this setting off or on?

thanks!

From some reviews, they indicate that this High-Speed Shooting mode increases the AutoFocus time but the minimum focusing distance will be 1 metre instead.

On or off, it's up to you then.

It suggest higher IsO that will result in speckling, but does not affect photo.

What has that sentence got to do with high-speed shooting?

megascriler said:
It suggest higher IsO that will result in speckling, but does not affect photo.

What has that sentence got to do with high-speed shooting?

if i were to read btwn the lines, it i think means u can achieve higher shutter speeds when high speed mode increases the iso. hence the resulting speckling aka noise.

what confuses me is that the manual says it does not affect the photo. but we know noise does affect the photo. i guess it's marketing talk!

High speed shooting Mode = camera is faster to take a photo

I have this mode on the S5600, and I noticed several things when this mode is selected:
- faster screen refresh on both EVF and LCD
- faster auto-focusing on subjects*
- faster shot-to-shot (butt measure)

* can further increase by setting C-AF (continuous auto focus)

Upon checking of image, it does NOT increase the ISO of the image as some of you mentioned. I think to increase ISO, you have to set to "Natural Light" or "Anti Shake" mode.

michhy said:
High speed shooting Mode = camera is faster to take a photo

I have this mode on the S5600, and I noticed several things when this mode is selected:
- faster screen refresh on both EVF and LCD
- faster auto-focusing on subjects*
- faster shot-to-shot (butt measure)

* can further increase by setting C-AF (continuous auto focus)

Upon checking of image, it does NOT increase the ISO of the image as some of you mentioned. I think to increase ISO, you have to set to "Natural Light" or "Anti Shake" mode.

sounds like some kind of turbo or overclock mode. anyway glad to hear it's not iso increase. guess i'll leave this mode on... thanks!

Luke said:
sounds like some kind of turbo or overclock mode. anyway glad to hear it's not iso increase. guess i'll leave this mode on... thanks!

Beware that it will drain your battery faster if you have it ON all the time ;)

michhy said:
Beware that it will drain your battery faster if you have it ON all the time ;)

I have been ON it all the time, battery still reasonably ok. But the improvement not significant though :( Maybe faster a little bit on macro...

bpribadi said:
I have been ON it all the time, battery still reasonably ok. But the improvement not significant though :( Maybe faster a little bit on macro...

Hmm, maybe its a bit different on the improvements on the F11.
Coz I can clearly see the LCD and EVF refresh rate changed to a faster one, especially if I point the camera around, the motion is more fluid when the speed is ON.

I think I've also read in some review somewhere about this.
But the sure thing is, it will not increase ISO.
You can confirm this yourself by looking at the photo's EXIF data.

michhy said:
Hmm, maybe its a bit different on the improvements on the F11.
Coz I can clearly see the LCD and EVF refresh rate changed to a faster one, especially if I point the camera around, the motion is more fluid when the speed is ON.

I think I've also read in some review somewhere about this.
But the sure thing is, it will not increase ISO.
You can confirm this yourself by looking at the photo's EXIF data.

Yes, the most significant improvement is the LCD, when shutter pressed half, the LCD refresh rate is higher when high speed is ON. Make the motion looks smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.