F1 phototaking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegisangels

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2008
Hi guys

I dunno if i am allowed to discuss over here.....Well, I do not have the tickets to watch the race. Therefore, I am thinking of camping near suntec to take pics. Do anyone want to discuss or share their plan in regards to where they want to camp in order to book a great and unblocked spot to take pics?

Hi guys

I dunno if i am allowed to discuss over here.....Well, I do not have the tickets to watch the race. Therefore, I am thinking of camping near suntec to take pics. Do anyone want to discuss or share their plan in regards to where they want to camp in order to book a great and unblocked spot to take pics?

Frankly, if anybody post here, that area will definately be blocked :bsmilie:

Hi guys

If such places exist and by some miracle have been overlooked by the race organizers, you can bet they'll be invaded by an army of photogs.

Don't worry. Our dear race organisers have caged up the entire race course. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Probably no space :(

Even if you have access to the race track area, there are really not many places that will have phototaking opportunities. The best places I can see are the ones high up in the unblocked stands, and you will need a good telephoto lens.

lol.....i manage to capture decent shots jus now....will post them up later

lol.....i manage to capture decent shots jus now....will post them up later

quickly post! den i can go sleep already!

i wanted to go down juz now, but decided not to, cos tmr morning 0730 got ippt. haha

Most of the places are fenced up, ladder also no use, cause fence too high.

One nice spot T19, cause its opening wide and for emergency car to go out. Opening pretty wide for full car shot, side view. Catch is, car too damn fast, you need to snap the instance the tip of the car appear in viewfinder. I shoot 400mm (full frame), ISO1600, Shutter 1/500; and still blur. Shutter need to bump up to 1600 for sharp image (for car in side view, and its not even one of those high speed straight run). Around 300mm for non FF body, otherwise car too small and fence can be seen.

For those with Bay ticket, there's a small group of people who got to an excellent spot, underside of the sitting area. Apparently, there's a walk path in the underside mid section, facing Mandarin Oriental.

I shoot car going around corner at ISO1600, Shutter 1/320. Some shot a bit blur for drivers who execute fast cornering. 1/500 would be better. Will try that for qualifying run.

I was in the area earlier.

It seems that any area that you can see in, they are adding Black cloth to the fencing to block your view.

But i was luckly and got some shots at turn 7 [Suntec underpass exit].
the only way to get the cars was to put my cam on my tripod and rise it up to about 4 m up.

I was in the area earlier.

It seems that any area that you can see in, they are adding Black cloth to the fencing to block your view.

But i was luckly and got some shots at turn 7 [Suntec underpass exit].
the only way to get the cars was to put my cam on my tripod and rise it up to about 4 m up.

Must bring scissor cut off all those ugly black cloth... :devil:

Wondering why those cloth are there in the first place

Haha, I went there on Thursday, then just now forgot where it is and went to the other door on the other side! lolz... :p

Anyway, it's a nice spot, hopefully tomorrow the Marina Sq guys are not locking the doors (just like what they did to the food court).

I wonder if there's an emergency (heaven forbid!) and everyone is locked out because of the greed of the organizers.

Last edited:
Climb trees... wonder if they would stop you from doing so.... hahaha

Stand at the expressway...

On ECP, you can see turn1, turn2 and turn3

DSC_1088.jpg

DSC_1098.jpg

DSC_1110.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

DSC_1090.jpg

haha....i think sooner or later....

those traffic police will try to chase the photographers out from the walkway of ECP since i think the photograpers might cos a jam there...

Hasn't that ECP area been blocked off already?

yah, thought they closed off the ecp, want to walk over also cannot already

Status
Not open for further replies.