F1 Photographers

Mar 4, 2008
Hi.

To all who produced splendid shots from the F1, great job.
My question is, how did u manage those shots without the fence?
Is it possible to get a pass or something?

yeekhai

Feb 14, 2009
Bukit Batok
Hi.

To all who produced splendid shots from the F1, great job.
My question is, how did u manage those shots without the fence?
Is it possible to get a pass or something?
just ignore the comment above me, think he/she probably thought the avatar can replace the smiley :)

you need a long lens, stand close to the fence, shoot wide open . hope this help.

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
just ignore the comment above me, think he/she probably thought the avatar can replace the smiley :)

you need a long lens, stand close to the fence, shoot wide open . hope this help.
hello? don't be rude and tell others to ignore someone's comments. you have a problem with what i said? just because you gave the right answer doesn't give you the right to be snippy to others.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
hello? don't be rude and tell others to ignore someone's comments. you have a problem with what i said? just because you gave the right answer doesn't give you the right to be snippy to others.
Snippy like a wire cutter? *snip snip snip*

dphang

Sep 19, 2011
There is really no way to get close to the fencing as there is a secondary barrier that puts everyone 3m or more back.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
There is really no way to get close to the fencing as there is a secondary barrier that puts everyone 3m or more back.
Not in all areas. And it's more like 1.5-2m. And then you need to factor in the distance from the fence to the target as well. ;)

yeekhai

Feb 14, 2009
Bukit Batok
to kei1309, haha, me rude? i dont think so lor :) just help to make sure TS wont follow your ill advice. why not you use a wire cutter and show us how daring you are :)

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
2009 F1 Talk. For those who have decent gear but little idea what or how to shoot.

Then there was the Suttons F1 talk as well. Learnt quite a bit on the business aspect.

Last edited:

coolthought

Jun 23, 2008
or you can find a lens small enough to fit through the hole in the fence.

image from ricleo in this thread

finding a way to stand this close to the fence will be another challenge....

Last edited:

yennekon

Jul 17, 2011
althought i have not taken any photos from F1 but i did try taking some photos behind fences before..
u have to stand a distance away from the fence then zoom in to take what you want..
*not sure if this is what i wanna hear* =s

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
althought i have not taken any photos from F1 but i did try taking some photos behind fences before..
u have to stand a distance away from the fence then zoom in to take what you want..
*not sure if this is what i wanna hear* =s
No, be as close to the fence as possible.

Tyrov

Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
During the first F1 people did have wire cutters and were cutting the black covering that was on the fence.

gwwang

Sep 15, 2011
Have long lens 300mm and above preferably. Shoot wide open,High iso for high shutter sped , use +ev to cover the noise.

That's what I learnt. But its all theory. Need practice. My skills is still have a long way to go compare to other photography.

danwee84

Mar 22, 2011
What about panning? i tried panning with 300mm and only caught upclose of the drivers and not the entire car. Cant see the fence though. And should I turn the image stablizer on or off when panning? If on, active or normal?

Top Bottom