F1 no tripod/monopod rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaldi86

Apr 13, 2004
Singapore
Hello guys!

Do you think the rule will be strictly enforced?
I'm now in office, but when i went for lunch at city hall jus an hour ago, I saw quite a lot of people with tripod sling onto them.

If strictly enforced, how r they going to confiscate n store? or they just throw them away?

Imagine people with gitzo cf tripod n asked to dispose it off or get entry denied..

Outcome that i can think of from typical singaporean would be the usual infamous "bang table", stomp, st forum, "tax payer"

Last edited:
If already stated clearly no tripod/monopod and you still insist on bringing, then dun bang table when you are refused entry. Its as simple as that :dunno:

confirmed dun allow one loh. haha

If already stated clearly no tripod/monopod and you still insist on bringing, then dun bang table when you are refused entry. Its as simple as that :dunno:

you'll be damn amazed of what people can do man.

i've done some event organising as committee member before.. it never fail to amaze me when people insist on bringing banned items and bang table when denied entry.

Do you think the rule will be strictly enforced?
I'm now in office, but when i went for lunch at city hall jus an hour ago, I saw quite a lot of people with tripod sling onto them.

If strictly enforced, how r they going to confiscate n store? or they just throw them away?

Outcome that i can think of from typical singaporean would be the usual infamous "bang table", stomp, st forum, "tax payer"

no the confiscated items will be auction off online to raise funds for selected charities, just leave your full name on a sticker label & paste it on the Banned Item before proceding further! :bsmilie:

such audacity! lol.

i was there. There many monopod with telezooms! No issues. The grandstand was mass orgy.. the ferrari comes n everybody stands up! Kaoz, cant see or shoot at all. The vroom vroom super duper loud man! U need ears plugs at some locations. Crowd ctrl was VERY BAD at bet area to Grand Stand at the NDP ara. Almost got into a stampede. Pls go there in bermudas, T shirt and track shoes. I strongly advise the ladies to stay away. It was cheek to cheek just now.

i saw quite a few pple with monopods and tripods entering. no confiscation leh.
make sure you have good earplugs! it is super loud!
i got my ear muff from homefix for only $6. works very well.

Last edited:
Are those entering with monopods from the press?

The only people I know who carries them are from Reuters and AFP who carries monopods and their 300mm, 400mm, 500mm and 600mm lenses which is a standard issue for them in the F1.

I entered with tripod, no problems.

The security volunteer (she looks like a young-ish student) said I needed a media sticker. I explained that the rule was relaxed, and if she wasn't sure, please get someone to verify.

A high rank policeman came, and I explained "I am using these for private amateur enjoyment", and he okayed me to go on.

Forgot to mention, I was in Singapore Flyer Corp. Hosp. suites, so YMMV. Oh ya, free ear plugs for us up in the suites.

You guys definitely want to try out the singapore flyer ride, it is awesome for taking F1.

Last edited:
dun count on tripods being allowed for saturday and sunday. if bring and get confiscated then can only blame yourself. ;p

I see some people bringin TRIPODs and many bringing MonOpods... gosh

The organizers are hopeless! bending their own rules... duh~ haahaa

I see some people bringin TRIPODs and many bringing MonOpods... gosh

The organizers are hopeless! bending their own rules... duh~ haahaa

Actually.. they did say the rules are relaxed.

i think they are unable to enforce the rule. its unfair to foreigners who (oso like to take some pics, holiday somemore ler)) toe the line, oni to be told last minute rule relaxed liao. tripod or monopod at home & home is a flight away... :rolleyes:

hi guys... firstly i was one of those who brought a tripod to the show. firstly i want to say that my pass was handed to me at 3pm on the first day and that i only knew that i had one at 1.30pm. my frd called me telling me he had a xtra pass as his frd cant make it. so i snaped at the chance. i brought my tripod there and when i was at the entrance, the person checking my stuff asked me if these stuff( my dv cam and my prosumer and tripod) belonged to me,
i said yes and he let me in...i did not know abt this restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.