F1.. my favourite team won.. RENAULT for year 2005 :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
1 and 3 position... way to go RENAULT. :)
Great race by Alonso.. always enjoy watching him race :cool:

600_KV2K6193-R25spec_tcm3-32552.jpg

Great new rules for 2005 F1.. we are going to see a much balance race btw the teams.. no more winning due to pit-stop strategy.. yeah, a major loop hole for year 2004.. and Ferrari managed to capitalize that to their full advantage last year.
A single set of tyres really bring the race down to the driver capability... Expecting a more exciting race this year.. ;p

:thumbsup: to Fishi.....very consistent and he deserved the crown...and surprisingly Couldhard is giving the rest a run of their money.....so will this year a more emphasis on driver year?

It was a stunner to see 2 minardis in front of the ferraris in the starting grid. :eek: I tot the McLarens are a bit disappointing.

Personally, i felt that the new rules make the sport not so exciting anymore.

1 engine for 2 race weekends and 1 set of tyres per race. This makes the teams and drivers to conserve their engines and tyres, so they drive more carefully. I dunno but i actually fell asleep watching them this morning. And pit stops are no longer the exciting fury of activities. I dun think montoya, sato or even shumi will try any dare devil stuns this season.

Unlikely will the emphasis be on the driver's skills. I think the pits still plays an important role cos the drivers will not be trying extreme overtaking and chasing driving methods in an attempt to conserve their tyres. Unless........bridgestone and michelin come up with super long lasting tyres. :bsmilie: But these are my tots and predictions, i am no F1 driver!

The main reason for FIA to impose these rules are not meant to bring out the best in each driver but to reduce the cost in taking part in the sport. This is meant to help the smaller teams like Minardi, Jordan etc.

anybody planning on going to Sepang this coming race ?

Yep, it was a stunning race. I think Fisichella really deserve a win. He has always been known as quick, but unlucky he didnot get a chance to drive for a top team. Now that he is in a Renault, he will probably go on to win a few more races! :D

Alonso didnot look too happy to be 3rd or losing to his less experienced team mate (I mean, in driving a Renault for the Renault team). Last year he was out performed by Trulli and now, Fisichella. He may be quick but he still have to prove all the hype about him, other than winning only the 2003 Hungarian GP. ;)

This year is going to be really exciting, with all the rule changes and new teams, especially the Red Bull Racing which seems to be a surprise package of the year. Mclaren and Williams and BAR will have to up their games if they were to chase for both the Driver's and Constructor's Championship. Bring on Sepang and all the other 17 races this year. It is going to be really exciting and interesting for a change, after all these years of Ferrari's dominance. :D

I can't wait to go for the Sepang F1 GP in KL in less than 2 weeks' time. :D

Well it was a great race and will definitely set the scene for the rest of the season. It would be hard to think only the top 3-4 car names will win the Championship. That's the good part.

Here's the bad...

My only problem is this... The Race is "LIVE" on TV...and sometime they will be those who might miss it and await to watch the replay later in the day or night. I would appreciate those who can't contain themselves like those I saw in other forums who can't help but "blah blah blah" the result especially in the SUBJECT THREAD TITLE. Why can;t this people just type a neutral thread title and then shout all they want about their favorite car winning or some other sport results????

Unfortunately I have to leave the house to do something urgent, I avoided TV, radio and surf the web cautiously when I got home just so I could watch the race "LIVE" in the repeat in the evening. So here I was just thinking to come into clubsnap to read some of the photgraphy thread and then I click KOPITAM and right there...in the subject title someone had to shout the winner of the race out.

I get this at other forum sites I visit that does this to tell the end of movies, American Idol, football game..etc. How hard is it to be just abit considerate. "Do onto others what you want others to do onto you" as the saying goes.

Can we not do this here too and spoil the fun for other who might not have seen it live for one reason or another but are just as much a fan of F1 or other competition events.

sammy888 said:
Well it was a great race and will definitely set the scene for the rest of the season. It would be hard to think only the top 3-4 car names will win the Championship. That's the good part.

Here's the bad...

My only problem is this... The Race is "LIVE" on TV...and sometime they will be those who might miss it and await to watch the replay later in the day or night. I would appreciate those who can't contain themselves like those I saw in other forums who can't help but "blah blah blah" the result especially in the SUBJECT THREAD TITLE. Why can;t this people just type a neutral thread title and then shout all they want about their favorite car winning or some other sport results????

Unfortunately I have to leave the house to do something urgent, I avoided TV, radio and surf the web cautiously when I got home just so I could watch the race "LIVE" in the repeat in the evening. So here I was just thinking to come into clubsnap to read some of the photgraphy thread and then I click KOPITAM and right there...in the subject title someone had to shout the winner of the race out.

I get this at other forum sites I visit that does this to tell the end of movies, American Idol, football game..etc. How hard is it to be just abit considerate. "Do onto others what you want others to do onto you" as the saying goes.

Can we not do this here too and spoil the fun for other who might not have seen it live for one reason or another but are just as much a fan of F1 or other competition events.

Haha sammy, you have to forgive the thread starter lah. Must understand his excitment and joy. How often do you see Renault get a win? The last time before this was the Monoco GP in 2004 where Trulli won. :) Before that, god knows! :bsmilie: I only remember the funny looking front wing of the Benetton Ford that Shumi won with back in 1994. :bsmilie:

I lost all my mood when I saw Kimi stuck on the starting grid right before the start of the race. Luckily he went all the way up to 8. :D

Seriously, I think that yesterday's race was a bit lopsided (and hell of an excitement) not only due to the rules, but also the erratic weather during qualifiers on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.