F1 - Chinese GP, Shanghai, 16 Oct. 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone.

Well, here we are. The last race of the season and there is a cliffhanger in the Constructors Championship. What a season. Much better than those seasons where Ferraris are always winning almost every race.

OK. Back to the Chinese GP. Looks like the Silver Arrows has got a head start in terms of car set-up. But the Renault of Alonso is able to match the McLarens too. It will be a very interesting race. Hopefully, we will see as much action as what we saw in the Japanese GP.

Go McLaren Go! Go Raikkonen Go! Go Montoya Go!

GO! GO! GO!

China Grand Prix qualifying

1. F Alonso (Renault) - 1:34.080

2. G Fisichella (Renault) - 1:34.401

3. K Raikkonen (McLaren) - 1:34.488

4. J Button (BAR) - 1:34.801

5. JP Montoya (McLaren) - 1:35.188

6. M Schumacher (Ferrari) - 1:35.301

7. D Coulthard (Red Bull) - 1:35.428

8. R Barrichello (Ferrari) - 1:35.610

9. R Schumacher (Toyota) - 1:35.723

10. M Webber (Williams) - 1:35.739

11. F Massa (Sauber) - 1:35.898

12. J Trulli (Toyota) - 1:36.044

13. A Pizzonia (Willliams) - 1:36.445

14. C Klien (Red Bull) - 1:36.472

15. N Karthikeyan (Jordan) - 1:36.707

16. J Villeneuve (Sauber) - 1:36.788

17. T Sato (BAR) - 1:37.083

18. C Albers (Minardi) - 1:39.105

19. T Monteiro (Jordan) - 1:39.233

20. R Doornbos (Minardi) - 1:39.460

thanks to BBC Sports

my prediction:
1 - Kimmi
2 - Alonso
3 - Montoya

Mclaren to win constructor's championship

tao said:
my prediction:
1 - Kimmi
2 - Alonso
3 - Montoya

Mclaren to win constructor's championship

Hehheheee :D. I like your prediction, tao.

McLaren Go! :thumbsup:

It will be a mad rush to the turn 1. The 1st 3 turn is quite tricky when the brakes & tyres are cold during the start of the race. Hope Kimi will take advantage of it.

Nice qualifying and it's a great 1-2 pole position for Renault. But as we know, Mclaren can charge up very fast. So i agree with tao's prediction also. :thumbsup:

According to Raikkonen: (from www.formula1.com)

"We knew before qualifying that we would struggle to get pole position today, but I don't think we have anything to worry about. Our strategy should be strong and whilst the car was not perfect on the qualifying lap I'm confident that it will be as good as it has been throughout practice. Both Juan Pablo and myself are in strong positions to get the results we need to win the Constructors' World Championship."

Indicating that the McLarens are carrying more fuel? And then will charge up the field and win the Contructor's Championship. :D

my dad is going to watch the race. he got some free front seat tickets from a friend! damm...i can't go as there is only 4 tickets...

The new name of Minardi is been named as ‘Squadra Toro Rosso’ and Liuzzi and Speed are expected to team up at Toro Rosso with Jani becoming the third driver for either squad. ;)

Canew said:
According to Raikkonen: (from www.formula1.com)

"We knew before qualifying that we would struggle to get pole position today, but I don't think we have anything to worry about. Our strategy should be strong and whilst the car was not perfect on the qualifying lap I'm confident that it will be as good as it has been throughout practice. Both Juan Pablo and myself are in strong positions to get the results we need to win the Constructors' World Championship."

Indicating that the McLarens are carrying more fuel? And then will charge up the field and win the Contructor's Championship. :D

Yeah probably Alonso is carrying lesser fuel.....

If it is proven tomorrow that the Renaults are carrying less fuel, then it will be good for McLaren as they will be able to lap more. Furthermore, on this Shanghai track, it is very conductive for over-taking so back-markers sould not pose a problem.

i guess we will know very soon.....

All weekend we didn’t use full power until now, in qualifying and the result is this.

from the Shanghai qualifying press conference

:think: :dunno: :think:

I hope to see tyre changes come back in 2006. It's boring since they dont drive flat out in order to conserve their tyres :sweat:

Klose said:
I hope to see tyre changes come back in 2006. It's boring since they dont drive flat out in order to conserve their tyres :sweat:

Agree, as Max Mosley had mentioned, it's "ashamed" that tyre changes during race is been taken out in 2005 rules as it is one of the method to reduce speed but since next year 2006 rules they are going to use V8 engines (it's definitely alot slowly den V10), so it will be nice to bring back the tyre changing rules if not probably we'll see tortise running on the track. :bsmilie:

Klose said:

Yupz. guess many of the F1 fans would want to see the 1 tyre rule scrapped.

The tyre rule is the dumbest thing Bernie have done! ;( All the trash bout cutting cost.......

Actually when it comes to tyres, sometimes I feel it's cost vs safety. What if the tyre burst when doing more than 300km/hr. Tho" nw a days the F1 cars are quite safe but what if.....

The last of the V10s! Let us all cry and sob then welcome the V8s!

I'll go against the flow and predict a Renault constructor champ! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.