F1 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odyssey-Boy

Oct 19, 2009
Check that the price list just came out. Anyone going ?

The high end catergories is cheaper compared to last years'. But I intend to get the Friday Walkabout to snap some nice shots. Hope I can find some nice people who have free tickets. :)

The high end catergories is cheaper compared to last years'. But I intend to get the Friday Walkabout to snap some nice shots. Hope I can find some nice people who have free tickets. :)
thing is need to sign an agreement that your shots wont be used commercially if buy ticket.

I intend to use them commercially so most likely will camp somewhere.

You mean can take pics and sell commercially without their approval.

1. To shoot from behind the fencing and barrier is already a problem.

2. Most commercialized institutions would buy directly from F1 themselves.

I guess, it's better off get a ticket, go in and snap and also have fun.

Yup, less of a legal hassle later on.

I will get a ticket and get in, have fun and at the same time, take nice shots and listen to nice F1 sounds cos the pictures I getting is for my own personal use.

Side track abit, guys, would you bring a tripod along with you when you go there ? or snap snap ?

Would appreciate if guys can advise me nice spots to snap great pictures.

@TS
where u check out the prices? i am interested on getting the ticket early this year...

I will get a ticket and get in, have fun and at the same time, take nice shots and listen to nice F1 sounds cos the pictures I getting is for my own personal use.

Side track abit, guys, would you bring a tripod along with you when you go there ? or snap snap ?

Hmmm i advice u to use monopod, if you u are using zoom lens like 70-200, 300mm, 400mm, or even 28-300mm... (canon lenses) but if you are using a walkabout lens eg 28-70 etc, i do not need it at all...

Prices are up at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/ticket_price.php

You mean can take pics and sell commercially without their approval.
dont need their approval...as long its not chop from their official photos gallery and entirely your own photo, you are free to do whatever you want.

1. fencing and barriers are only obstacles only if you let them become obstacles.

2. never know. Might just get that one shot..

@TS
where u check out the prices? i am interested on getting the ticket early this year...

Hmmm i advice u to use monopod, if you u are using zoom lens like 70-200, 300mm, 400mm, or even 28-300mm... (canon lenses) but if you are using a walkabout lens eg 28-70 etc, i do not need it at all...

They posted the entire price list at the newspaper, forgot what date. The high end cats is around 1088. There's a new cat called Zone 4 Walkabout, a set of 3 days cost roughly 400+ odd. Best is I can get free tickets for Fri Walkabout, or if not LL then get one for myself.

1. fencing and barriers are only obstacles only if you let them become obstacles.

2. never know. Might just get that one shot..

just to share a nice spot. Bay Grandstand ( near floating platform ), go right the end, head up the stairs, there's nice places to take shots, without any barriers or meshhy metals blocks.

They posted the entire price list at the newspaper, forgot what date. The high end cats is around 1088. There's a new cat called Zone 4 Walkabout, a set of 3 days cost roughly 400+ odd. Best is I can get free tickets for Fri Walkabout, or if not LL then get one for myself.

The new walkabout ticket is the Premier Walkabout at $300+ which allows access to all four zones.

Got a newbie question to ask.. sorry for my "' Noob " question. I just found a Konica 80's camera when packing my cabinet yesterday. It's a heirloom left down from my grand father. Fitted the kodak 200, 36 films in. Was wondering, how much do photoshops charge for developing one set of 200, 36 films ?

take note in the first night race, walkabout was just about anywhere. last year walkabout was more restricted as the official media chop the more popular walkabout spots. this year most likely re-opening access from the ticket pricing but i am guessing the OP has first dibs at the more popular walkabout locations. Now that walkabout is this level already i really wonder if any ticket holder who has been camping since dont know what time will simply give way to the official photographer. They already got reserved and arguably better views yet chop ticket holders spots. Even better is that they can go up all the way to the fencing while the ticket holders are behind the barriers.

Last edited:
take note in the first night race, walkabout was just about anywhere. last year walkabout was more restricted as the official media chop the more popular walkabout spots. this year most likely re-opening access from the ticket pricing but i am guessing the OP has first dibs at the more popular walkabout locations. Now that walkabout is this level already i really wonder if any ticket holder who has been camping since dont know what time will simply give way to the official photographer. They already got reserved and arguably better views yet chop ticket holders spots. Even better is that they can go up all the way to the fencing while the ticket holders are behind the barriers.

Agree on this but OP has their job to be done.

Now, I'm pondering which ticket to buy - Normal Walkabout or the Bay Grandstand?

Will be there with 70-200 + 2x TC so dunno wat to choose as I gave the last 2 yr races a miss but my fav driver is back so I've got to go and capture smth. ;)

Agree on this but OP has their job to be done.

Now, I'm pondering which ticket to buy - Normal Walkabout or the Bay Grandstand?

Will be there with 70-200 + 2x TC so dunno wat to choose as I gave the last 2 yr races a miss but my fav driver is back so I've got to go and capture smth. ;)
They can do their job at their designated places. If the walkabout ticket was cheap, i wouldnt give a hoot...they just need to indicate and i would move somewhere else while the OP occupy the spot.

Bay Grandstand is the easiest to get shots in my opinion especially of the pits and cars passing by. Thing is most likely you and the audience may get the same shots. Last year the grandstand wasnt exactly fullhouse due to the pricing i guess.

dont worry about using TC, the lights are pretty bright but dont actually need it. My advice if you are getting tickets is to find a spot where there are no barriers and can get up close to the fencing and then stay there like a rock. One thing about the walkabout areas is that not stated cannot use tripod so once you found the ideal place, deploy and be thick skinned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.