F1 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was at T2 last year as well, very nice view indeed.:thumbsup:

thinking of just getting the premier walkabout. but, can it access T1, T2, T3, & Pit?:think:

i was at T2 last year as well, very nice view indeed.:thumbsup:

thinking of just getting the premier walkabout. but, can it access T1, T2, T3, & Pit?:think:

Dont think you can enter the grandstand. If can how would it justify a person paying almost $600 less and can enter the same grandstand?

At most they would create more areas where there are no grandstands and you can stand about 3m from the fence

Hey guys, you can get cheap tickets from ebay during the last 2 weeks before the race start.There are left over tickets for companies. I bought a pit grand stand ticket for $200 for race day from a guy who has 1 whole stack of grandstand 3 days tickets in his car and i can even choose the seat i want. I have manage to capture shots like this with the correct selection of seats.
3959792026_865b1323d0.jpg

3958816491_30c5d5e6bb.jpg

3959605014_6eaccf40cd.jpg

Last edited:
Wow nice seat u had for last year. What was the seat u had & the focal length for the podium shots? Row 20?

OT but the PM looks very sianz like that.

its a pity that cannot use the pics commercially as long buy the F1 tickets.

Last edited:
Bro, Mr Bernie Ecclestone owns the rights of the images (still and moving pictures) of the Formula 1 cars. Even if you did not shoot them from within the circuit park, by selling the pictures of the cars you took from outside the circuit park, you are still not allowed to sell them commercially. Only for your own private use. He has even sold the rights of the sound of the cars to Sony. That is why even some users have uploaded their video footage to youtube etc and they have been taken down.

Logos, trademarks of the Formula 1, F1, FIA, etc also protected. Also can't paste as your own watermark, website logo, fansite logo, etc.
Mr E is a money sucker in the 1st place. Lucky we have Max M gone.

Actually I kindda dig the Virgin car :)

Ferrari has a little too much white this year, might end up being a bit.. bleh

MercGP and McLaren may be a pain to shoot, silver always throws my focus off.

I always had problems shooting the RBs and TRs. Cam keeps focus-finding.

Renault might be interesting, all bumblebee and everything. I managed to get a great Alonso shot last year that's A2 printed and hanging in my room :)

Lotus with its trademark green/black may be a challenge also.

Still deciding on a GS seat or a Premium walkabout...... Turns 1-3 look interesting to shoot :dunno:
I find this year car nicer looking compare to last year (F2008 and MP4-23 still the best looking car ever imo). RB6 still the best looking with F10 coming 2nd and MGP W01 coming 3rd and Renault R30 4th. Mclaren this year look like 2009 FI. Too bad this year is without Kimi. Else we will have the most exciting grid in F1 history

dont need their approval...as long its not chop from their official photos gallery and entirely your own photo, you are free to do whatever you want.

are you sure?
F1 is a brand and it has all commercial rights to any acitivities or person surrounding it within its official racing season.

unfortunately one cannot have any commercial benefits to any images produced withint their event without their permission.

don't misguide others.

Well said. Don't fool around with thier f1 business, if they wanna sue they will they can afford the time.

Btw anyone sat at Turn 3 last year?

I've seen those photos from their official PG where they captured stunning angles of the start, showcasing the flow of turns 1,2 & 3.

are you sure?
F1 is a brand and it has all commercial rights to any acitivities or person surrounding it within its official racing season.

unfortunately one cannot have any commercial benefits to any images produced withint their event without their permission.

don't misguide others.
read their terms and conditions first http://www.singaporegp.sg/download/General_TnC.pdf.. then post comment.

as long not Ticket Holder or Ticket Purchaser, they dont own your pics and have to buy from you if you happen to have one they like or something their army of photographers missed.

Last edited:
Wow nice seat u had for last year. What was the seat u had & the focal length for the podium shots? Row 20?

It was row 19. I manage to secure a spot at the empty space on the platform before everybody are rushing to see the award presentation.

For podium, you need at least a 300mm. I am using the 300mm F4 IS with 40D.

Take note that for $200, i have a seat right in front of the pit lanes and podium and also have access to all areas from Zone 1 to Zone 4 which i have walk during the race.

OT but the PM looks very sianz like that.

its a pity that cannot use the pics commercially as long buy the F1 tickets.

Its ok for me as i only keep it for my own viewing.

Last edited:
I think that the best spot will be the grandstand at turn 1 facing the on coming car. You can shoot the cars coming towards you as well as the slower speed of turn 1 and 2. And if you want to catch some collision, turn 1 and 2 is the perfect place for you to camp and capture the shots.

read their terms and conditions first http://www.singaporegp.sg/download/General_TnC.pdf.. then post comment.

as long not Ticket Holder or Ticket Purchaser, they dont own your pics and have to buy from you if you happen to have one they like or something their army of photographers missed.

Unfortunately that's where you are wrong. It doesn't mean that if you are not a ticket holder, you don't have to observe their commercial law.

Images (still or moving) belong to the FIA Commercial Rights holder, regardless whether you are a ticket holder, media photographer or just a passerby from outside. If you have not been given the image rights to sell commercially, any images which you have created are deemed their intellectual property and not for commercial use. They have been kind to add an additional line in which images you have created are only allowed for your own private viewing.

E.g. ever noticed F1 images on stock photography websites? E.g. Deviant Art?

With regards to their "army" of media accredited photographers, accreditation is very limited to a pool of elite photographers. As quoted from their Accreditation webpage http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/accreditation/Pages/PrinciplesProcedure.aspx:

"To qualify for a permanent photographer’s credential the applicant must have attended at least 14 during the previous year’s Championship. Only in cases the FIA accepts as force majeure the number of events may be lower than 14. Additionally, to qualify for a permanent photographer’s pass, at least 240 photographs, per pass issued, must have been published in the print press during the previous year’s championship in the name of the applicant." i.e. meaning to receive a season pass for track photographer accreditation requires a very high standard of photo quality images.

Status
Not open for further replies.