F value vs Diaphragm value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmzarcega

Jan 12, 2007
Woodlands
can anyone enlighten me on the difference of the above subject...

im checking my photos Exif... and i notice that most of my sharp images have "diaphragm value of 8" but the "F value was set only to F4.5 or F5"...

shouldnt it be the same...?

anyone...?

can anyone enlighten me on the difference of the above subject...

im checking my photos Exif... and i notice that most of my sharp images have "diaphragm value of 8" but the "F value was set only to F4.5 or F5"...

shouldnt it be the same...?

anyone...?
What lens do you used?

Regards,
Arto.

im using sigma 70-300 and 50mm 1.8....

ive check both and i see some photos have different value on "diaphragm and F value"...

what exif viewer did you use? opanda doesn't show diaphragm on both my fz5 and d50. :think:

what exif viewer did you use? opanda doesn't show diaphragm on both my fz5 and d50. :think:

i used to own a PnS Cybershot T10... so im using its software to view my photos...

and may i know what are the difference in terms of quality or sharpness when using wide and small aperture (except for DOF) ... i always used wide aperture (F/1.8 for my 50mm and f/widest for my sigma..) to get the fastest shutter speed... but as i said, i notice that some of my sharp photos happened to be at "diaphragm value of 8 and above"...

does it mean that its better to use F/8 and above to get a sharper pics....thanks a lot...

My guess : Diaphragm value could be the just the actual focal length divided by the aperture F number.

:think:

i used to own a PnS Cybershot T10... so im using its software to view my photos...

and may i know what are the difference in terms of quality or sharpness when using wide and small aperture (except for DOF) ... i always used wide aperture (F/1.8 for my 50mm and f/widest for my sigma..) to get the fastest shutter speed... but as i said, i notice that some of my sharp photos happened to be at "diaphragm value of 8 and above"...

does it mean that its better to use F/8 and above to get a sharper pics....thanks a lot...

Lenses are usually sharper when it's between 1 stop smaller than the widest and to about F/13 for APS sized sensor DSLRs. Beyond F/16, diffraction will set in slowly.

Not true that it's better to use F/8 and above.

Some people say that the sharpest is usually about 2 stops smaller than the widest on the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.