F-mount adapter FT-1 for Nikon 1

I think the price of F-mount adapter FT-1 is fair already.

Attached the price of LA-EA1 Mount Adaptor to use Sony α system A-mount lenses with NEX camera for comparison purpose:
It is S$300.
LA-EA1 : Shooting : NEX Accessories : Sony Singapore

any knows whether is this adaptor out in singapore??...
My dealer said that stocks coming in tomorrow but in limited quantities. Price is $300+... could be close to $300 depending on your relationship with your dealer. Good time to buy the V1/J1 as a Christmas present for yourself or your love ones as you can get it together with the FT-1.;)

My dealer said that stocks coming in tomorrow but in limited quantities. Price is $300+... could be close to $300 depending on your relationship with your dealer. Good time to buy the V1/J1 as a Christmas present for yourself or your love ones as you can get it together with the FT-1.;)

Hi

I am interested to get one, can you let us know which shops you are referring to?

Regards,
Ken

Shashinki price is RM699 ~ S$285 (exchange rate S$1 = RM2.45).
- ShaShinKi.com ~ Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!
Seem like cheaper than Singapore.

Shashinki usually price their product higher than Malaysia's local camera shop.
which mean it may be cheaper to buy at Malaysia's camera shop, just my guessing.
really speechless to Singapore pricing......

FT-1 is in! Got mine and tested with both AFS 16-35 & 70-200 - it's great! Thot it will be odd to hold etc but it is better than I expected :) BTW, I got it at Funan @ my regular haunt... :thumbsup: Nikon 1 users - pls update firmware accordingly before using.

Last edited:
FT-1 is in! Got mine and tested with both AFS 16-35 & 70-200 - it's great! Thot it will be odd to hold etc but it is better than I expected :) BTW, I got it at Funan @ my regular haunt... :thumbsup: Nikon 1 users - pls update firmware accordingly before using.

Hi,

Are you able to post some pictures with circular bokeh shapes (e.g. shallow DoF of some distant lights)? I am concern with the following FT-1 restriction.
"The tops and bottoms may be missing from circular bokeh shapes created at wide apertures using lenses with a maximun aperture of f/1.4 or f/1.2."
Thanks.

hws the AF speed, in low light especially??
btw how much you paid for yours??..

thanks.. :)

Saw on tk foto posted photos of the adaptor with a long and fat telelens with the j1, on their fb.

Bros/Sis',

As I will be traveling for the nxt 2 weeks, will not hv much chance to test DOF etc etc. However, have done some brief testing on focusing speed indoors - very fast on f2.8 and above, for f4.0 have a tendency to hunt but does recover quickly. VR works very well with both 16-35 and 70-200. Pictures are tack sharp. Apologies for not being able to post pics as I hv to leave for the airport in 1 hour. Overall, my quick assessment is good for it's price and quality produced on a CX sensor camera.

saw it at iphoto

Got mine from Alan Photo in Funan. Will be testing it later and post some pics.

Just got mine from JB KSL 4th Floor camera shop called CLS. 580RM=S$240+ based on exchange rate 2.4. Hurry!

Hi

I went to Botanical Garden Heliconia Walk yesterday morning to look for Sunbirds and got some pictures with 300mm VR F/2.8; a big lens with a tiny body :), quite easy to handled on the Wimberley head.

As people have already pointed out: with FT-1; VR works, no AF-C, only center focusing point works, etc...

Regards,
Ken Ng

6591612539_cd09c22031_b.jpg

6591613181_128811d12f_b.jpg

6598000977_05284b5824_b.jpg

6598000183_1b9656cc73_b.jpg

KenNg said:
Hi

I went to Botanical Garden Heliconia Walk yesterday morning to look for Sunbirds and got some pictures with 300mm VR F/2.8; a big lens with a tiny body :), quite easy to handled on the Wimberley head.

As people have already pointed out: with FT-1; VR works, no AF-C, only center focusing point works, etc...

Regards,
Ken Ng

Great shots!